Hudson & Fournier: Catholic Countdown to Election 2012, Day 21. Questions We Wish Romney Would Ask Obama and Vice Versa
liberal America and a conservative America - there is the United States of America. There is not a Black America and a White America and Latino America and Asian America - there's the United States of America." You seem to have joined the camp of those who seek to divide us. What is your specific plan to bring us together and help all Americans to rise above their limiting circumstances in the greatest Nation on the earth?
Obama to Romney:
Gov. Romney, while you were leading Bain Capital you practiced your 'turn-around" business style which your campaign now claims will be applied on a national scale to allegedly fix our economic problems if you are elected President. Do you intend to shut down our factories, mills and mines and outsource those millions of jobs overseas on a national scale? You claim to be able to add 12 million new jobs to our economy. Please explain to me and to the American people how anything in your record demonstrates that your promise to add so many jobs is more than just one more empty campaign promise.
Romney to Obama:
Mr. President, your administration has failed to defend the Defense of Marriage Act, a Federal Law, and refuse to enforce it. In fact, you have directed the Justice Department to actively seek to have the Federal Courts set it aside. Over and over again the American people have affirmed that marriage is between one man and one woman and that the two parent marriage bound family is the firm foundation of every civil society. Why do you oppose Marriage and seek to restructure civil society by making other relationships between persons its legal equivalent? Why do you paint all those who defend marriage as against homosexual persons or somehow bigoted because they stand for the institution upon which our society - and other societies - is founded?
Obama to Romney:
Gov. Romney, what do you have against hard working teachers who have formed unions to defend their right to collectively bargain? Why do you favor policies which will have the effect of dismantling or diminishing our public school system, replacing it with privately owned and run schools?
Romney to Obama:
Mr. President, why do you not recognize that parents are the first teachers of their children and the family is the first school house? Why, with all of your talk about concern for poor and middle class families, do you not favor giving them the same choice that you and the First Lady have of sending their children to the school of their own choice?
If the presidential candidates were willing to pose and answer these types of questions, all of us would have a clearer idea of what kind of nation each would have us to become. As you can see, the list could go on. There so many more important questions which really should be asked this evening.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Romney, Ryan, Obama, Biden, Second debate, Candy Crowley, 2012 campaign, presidential election, school choice, Right to Life, marriage and family, class warfare, Bain capital, Deal W Hudson, keith A Fournier
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- E.W. Jackson Wins Nomination as Republican Candidate for Lieutenant Governor of Virginia
- Food stamps hang in the balance as lawmakers debate cost
- News to ruin your morning: IRS official who targeted conservatives for audit now oversees your Obamacare compliance
- Culture of Corruption, Obama pays Sarah Ingram extra for her harassment of conservatives
- Culture of Corruption: Why Obama's misuse of Marines is wrong
- Rubio: Obama's intimidation of tea party groups 'not in isolation'
- Editorial: Is the Scandal Ridden Obama Administration Becoming a House of Cards?
- Obama asks for more money, Marines to protect embassies
- President stands ground against Republican critics
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?