Romney picks up steam against Obama
Romney campaign keeping even with Obama in contributions.
In another sign that Romney is nipping close at Obama's heels, Romney's campaign generated $40.1 million in April, almost as much as Obama raised during the same time. Fundraising is crucial as experts now believe the election will be close and decided by voters in a few battleground states.
In April, the Obama campaign reported raising $43.6 million. Obama also has a tremendous head start. Such is the advantage of being an incumbent, primary challenges are rare, and it's easier to raise and save funds when there's no risk of opposition.
Although Obama has the advantage in cash, that advantage may evaporate as the campaign heats up over the summer. Romney has a great knack for fundraising and he is gaining in public opinion polls. At the moment, Romney is in a virtual tie for a win in November.
Still, the Democrats have one secret weapon, which Republicans are yet to match - their use of technology. Last year, Catholic Online reported that the Obama campaign was using (not so) secret databasing technology to increase campaign efficiency. Republicans are still yet to catch up. Obama even has an app for that. Romney? Not yet.
Still, Romney is expected to make a strong bid for the presidency. Many Americans want better leadership in the White House and they expect Romney will deliver. And this isn't just rhetoric, for as the numbers prove, they are willing to put their money where their mouths are.
The question for Romney then is, how fast can he get the money and put it to work for America?
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Colin Powell, Republican, comes out in favor of single-payer healthcare system
- Francis, Human Dignity and Culture: Time for a Radical Christian Action Movement
- Obamacare is a success! But not the kind you'll want to celebrate
- New 'Obamacare' health plans may exclude major hospitals
- Marriage Liberation Movement: Global Defense of Marriage in France, China and Around the World
- Principles are expensive: Republican governors missing out on billions in Medicaid funds
- Rush Limbaugh is Wrong, Karen Finney of MSNBC is Nuts: Pope Francis and Capitalism
- NSA REVELATIONS: Ways that would have been previously unimaginable
- Gap between rich and poor: Income gap threatens U.S. 'way of life,' Obama says
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?