Atheists succeed in getting Bibles thrown out of college rooms
Atheists continue their crusade to stamp out religion.
An atheist group has intimidated a university into removing Bibles from its rooms. The University of Wisconsin Extension, which is an outreach of the state's public system, has removed Bibles from its rooms after a complaint by atheists.
However, the amenity is proving too much for some atheists who demanded the Bible be removed from the campus's rooms.
The Freedom From Religion Foundation complained to the University of Wisconsin that the placement of the Bibles constituted an endorsement of Christianity.
Although the obvious answers might be, "So what?" or merely, "So?" the university bent backwards to placate the atheist group which is infamous for bringing lawsuits against any type of Christian display that could possibly be construed as a government endorsement.
Instead, only atheism should reign in government spaces as the activity of the group suggests.
The FFRF sent a letter to the university asking them to remove the Bible and the University replied on Nov. 25 in a letter from Bill Mann, director of the University of Wisconsin-Extension's conference centers. "We reviewed the concern raised about the placement of Bibles in our guest rooms and decided to remove them. We want to make sure all guests are comfortable in our lodging," he wrote in a statement.
It should not be surprising however, since public universities have long been bastions of atheism.
Fortunately, the FFRF attorney acknowledged that at least private hotels have the right to place Bibles in their rooms.
The FFRF continues to pursue cases where it feels the establishment clause of the U.S. Constitution has been violated.
Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action'...
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Interview With Cardinal SeŠn Patrick O'Malley Gives Insights into the Heart of Pope Francis
- Deal W. Hudson: Why Social Conservatives Should Become Cultural Conservatives
- CORPORATE SPY: Engineering consultant accused of stealing secrets from DuPont for Chinese
- 24th season of Defending Life Premiered March 5th on EWTN
- Justina Pelletier: Massachusetts DCF Running for Cover Under Legal and Media Pressure
- Matt C. Abbott On a New Book, The Seven Big Myths About Marriage
- Deal Hudson on Culture and the Death of God
- 'Ag gag' bill passes in Idaho; filming at farms now prohibited
- Man becomes first married Catholic priest in the United States with Vatican blessing
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?