RUN FOR THE HILLS! Top financial adviser sees imminent collapse of U.S. civilization
'Firearms are the last item on the list . but they are on the list,' he intones
Obamacare, the NSA spying scandal and national debt are all social ills that beset modern American life. Now, David John Marotta, a top financial adviser has says that indeed, the sky is falling - he says Americans should busy themselves with a "bug-out bag" that includes food, a gun and ammo to weather out the tough times.
David John Marotta, a top financial adviser says Americans should busy themselves with a "bug-out bag" that includes food, a gun and ammo to weather out the tough times.
His memo is in regards to a possible "financial apocalypse." Marotta says that this won't necessarily dovetail into Armageddon. "There is the possibility of a precipitous decline, although a long and drawn out malaise is much more likely," the Charlottesville, Virginia-based president of Marotta Wealth Management says.
Marotta says he doesn't see the end of the world - but a far more difficult one.
"I, along with many other economists, agree with many of the concerns expressed in these dire warnings. The growing debt and deficit spending is a tax on those holding dollars. The devaluation in the U.S. dollar risks the dollar's status as the reserve currency of the world. Obamacare was the worst legislation in the past 75 years. Socialism is on the rise and the NSA really is abrogating vast portions of the Constitution. I don't disagree with their concerns," he wrote.
Marotta says that Americans should have a survival kit to take in case of a financial or natural disaster, filled with items that will help them stay alive for the first 72-hours of a crisis. Part of this list includes firearms.
"A bug-out bag is a good idea depending on where you live even if the emergency is just power outages, earthquakes and hurricanes. And with your preparedness you will be equipped to help others who might be in need," he wrote. "Be prepared. Especially because it keeps you from being scared."
He provided a list of items and even a link to bug-out bags on Amazon.
The Basic Survival Bag includes: FOX Tactical Field Operator's Action Pack (Black): 22" x 16" x 9." Food/Water: Two 2400 Calorie Food Bar Packets by SOS Food Lab-Made in USA/U.S. Coast Guard Approved. Each packet contains six (6) fortified bars (400 calories each); 2 MRE Star Ready to Eat Meals with Flameless Heaters emergency food - Made in USA; 18 4.22 ounces drinking water packets by SOS Food Lab-Made in USA/U.S. Coast Guard Approved.
Shelter/Warmth/Safety: Magnesium Fire Starter; Emergency Poncho; Emergency Blanket; Two Pairs of Disposable Hand Warmers; Super Bright 19-LED Flashlight with batteries & case; pair Heavy-Duty Work Gloves Sanitation/Hygiene: Three (3) N95 Particulate Respirator Mask; toothbrush with toothpaste; toilet paper & tissue; body/bath shampoo; package Shower-in-a-Bag (8 cloths); 12 wet naps (also can be used as fire starters); 2 sanitary pads (also can be used to stop bleeding). Also included is 100 Feet of Gladding Paracord.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Fr. Paul Schenck: The New Eugenics, 'Better Babies' and the Dangers of Biotechnology
- Interview With Cardinal SeŠn Patrick O'Malley Gives Insights into the Heart of Pope Francis
- Deal W. Hudson: Why Social Conservatives Should Become Cultural Conservatives
- CORPORATE SPY: Engineering consultant accused of stealing secrets from DuPont for Chinese
- 24th season of Defending Life Premiered March 5th on EWTN
- Justina Pelletier: Massachusetts DCF Running for Cover Under Legal and Media Pressure
- Matt C. Abbott On a New Book, The Seven Big Myths About Marriage
- Deal Hudson on Culture and the Death of God
- 'Ag gag' bill passes in Idaho; filming at farms now prohibited
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?