Abortion mill monster Kermit Gosnell gets 30 years
Philadelphia doctor convicted of running 'pill mill' in lieu of performing abortions this time
For months, the United States was shocked and horrified to learn the details surrounding abortion provider and physician Dr. Kermit Gosnell. Preying upon the poor and uneducated, many immigrant women went to his filthy Philadelphia abortion clinic, where stray cats wandered the halls and equipment encrusted with blood was everywhere. Gosnell has now been sentenced to 30 years in prison - not for the frequently fatal abortions, but for running a "pill mill" from said clinic.
In particular - Gosnell wrote more than 2,300 prescriptions for controlled substances - in January of 2010 ALONE. Gosnell charged up to $150 for prescription, according to an official release.
Gosnell also pleaded guilty to conspiracy to distribute controlled substances, distribution and aiding and abetting the distribution of Oxycontin and maintaining a place for the illegal distribution of controlled substances.
Gosnell was convicted in May on three counts of first-degree murder for killing babies at his West Philadelphia abortion clinic by cutting their spinal cords with scissors. At that time, he was sentenced to life without parole in exchange for waiving his right to appeal the convictions. Prosecutors had sought the death penalty.
Gosnell and nine other employees at his Women's Medical Center were charged with crimes for the illegal practices at the clinic. The clinic had been engaged in reckless practices, according to a 2011 grand jury report.
Eight people involved at the Gosnell's clinic have pleaded guilty to various charges, including four to murder.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Brothers in Arms: St Benedict and St Francis.
- Polish Bishops and Pope Francis Expose the Gender Identity Movement
- Deal Hudson on the Creed: What Kind of One is 'One God'
- Fr. Paul Schenck: The New Eugenics, 'Better Babies' and the Dangers of Biotechnology
- Interview With Cardinal SeŠn Patrick O'Malley Gives Insights into the Heart of Pope Francis
- Deal W. Hudson: Why Social Conservatives Should Become Cultural Conservatives
- CORPORATE SPY: Engineering consultant accused of stealing secrets from DuPont for Chinese
- 24th season of Defending Life Premiered March 5th on EWTN
- Justina Pelletier: Massachusetts DCF Running for Cover Under Legal and Media Pressure
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?
When this rosary was presented to me for photography, I was in awe. ... Read More