True - or not: Amazing factoids about JFK's assassination
Some may be true, others not - still fascinating some 50 years later
The assassination of President John F. Kennedy continues to fascinate the world. The various stories surrounding Camelot's leader have become so ingrained in American thought, that almost no one accepts the conclusion that his killer Lee Harvey Oswald, acted alone. Below are some factoids and theories that may, or may not be true. Whatever the situation, the momentous event continues to cast its spell on the popular imagination.
1. One Texas doctor claims that the corset JFK wore for his back pain may have contributed to his death; it was so restrictive that it prevented him from leaning forward after the first hit, leaving his head in prime position for the kill shot.
2. Fellow Marines gave Lee Harvey Oswald the nickname "____bird" since he was a terrible shot and couldn't qualify with his rifle. Other nicknames Oswald picked up in the military include "Ozzie Rabbit," "Oswaldskovich" and "Bugs."
3. Jack Ruby, real name was Jacob Rubenstein, ran the Carousel Club, a strip joint in Dallas. He had been involved in organized crime since childhood, according to "The Killing of a President," working for "Al Capone, Jake 'Greasy Spoon' Guzik and Frank "The Enforcer" Nitti."
4. The so-called "magic bullet," the chief evidence of the "single-bullet theory," was found lying on a stretcher at Parkland Memorial Hospital.
5. The double feature "War is Hell" and "Cry of Battle" was playing at the Texas Theater where Oswald was captured.
6. Secret Service agents were told to wash the President's car out while it was still parked at Parkland Memorial Hospital.
7. Just moments after the shooting, Oswald was observed in the Texas School Book Depository's second-floor lunchroom - calmly drinking Coca-Cola.
8. The only witness to the Tippit shooting, Aquilla Clemmons, claimed she saw two men involved in the shooting. None of her two descriptions matched Oswald. She was never called to testify before the Warren Commission.
9. To avoid a media frenzy, Oswald was buried quietly under the name "William Bobo." The Shannon Rose Hill Memorial Park in Fort Worth, Texas, serves as Oswald's final resting place.
10. Most unappetizing, a secret service agent claims that when Jacqueline Kennedy scrambled all over the trunk of the car after her husband was shot, it was because she was chasing after bits of her husband's skull and brains. A postscript: An inventory of JFK assassination evidence in 1966 revealed that the president's brain and skull fragments were missing from the National Archives.
A birth foretold: click here to learn more!
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Pimps, traffickers, sex workers and child pornography offenders reveal underground sex network
- Brothers in Arms: St Benedict and St Francis.
- Polish Bishops and Pope Francis Expose the Gender Identity Movement
- Deal Hudson on the Creed: What Kind of One is 'One God'
- Fr. Paul Schenck: The New Eugenics, 'Better Babies' and the Dangers of Biotechnology
- Interview With Cardinal SeŠn Patrick O'Malley Gives Insights into the Heart of Pope Francis
- Deal W. Hudson: Why Social Conservatives Should Become Cultural Conservatives
- CORPORATE SPY: Engineering consultant accused of stealing secrets from DuPont for Chinese
- 24th season of Defending Life Premiered March 5th on EWTN
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?