ROMNEY: Obamacare: 'has undermined the foundation of his second term'
Republican loser cites president's 'fundamental dishonesty' on 'Meet the Press'
Obamacare's promises "has undermined the foundation of his second term - I think it is rotting it away," losing presidential candidate Mitt Romney declared on NBC's "Meet the Press." According to Romney, U.S. President Barack Obama's "fundamental dishonesty" on the Affordable Care Act has "put in peril the whole foundation of his second term."
Obamacare's promises "has undermined the foundation of his second term - I think it is rotting it away," losing presidential candidate Mitt Romney declared on NBC's "Meet the Press."
Romney also said that "had the president been truthful and told the American people that millions would lose their insurance and millions more would see their premiums skyrocket. there would have been such a hue and cry against it, (that) it would not have passed."
Saying it was a grave mistake to design a "one-size-fits-all" national health insurance mandate as Obama did, it must be noted that Romney had signed into law when he was governor of Massachusetts. Romney's health insurance overhaul had been compared to Obamacare.
Romney said Massachusetts "teaches some important lessons some states are not going to want to follow," saying insurance is more expensive in Massachusetts than in any other state. "Texas and Minnesota and Montana" are not necessarily going to want to adopt such a costly plan.
Health care reform has been reeling under the strain. Enrollment for many has been plagued by software and data entry problems. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius offered an apology to a House committee in testimony last week, calling the enrollment software problems a "debacle" and "a miserably frustrating experience for way too many Americans."
The software issue has since been swept under the rug by reports of thousands of Americans being told by their insurance companies that their policies can no longer cover them. The companies state that they're not in compliance with the benefits package defined by the Affordable Care Act.
Obama's repeated promises in 2009 and 2010, that if a person liked the coverage he had, he could keep it -- have proven to be false.
In response, Obama adviser Dan Pfeiffer discussed the president's promise that "if you like your plan, you can keep it," by explaining that "if your plan has been downgraded or canceled, you can't" keep it, on ABC's "This Week."
A birth foretold: click here to learn more!
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Fr. Paul Schenck: The New Eugenics, 'Better Babies' and the Dangers of Biotechnology
- Interview With Cardinal SeŠn Patrick O'Malley Gives Insights into the Heart of Pope Francis
- Deal W. Hudson: Why Social Conservatives Should Become Cultural Conservatives
- CORPORATE SPY: Engineering consultant accused of stealing secrets from DuPont for Chinese
- 24th season of Defending Life Premiered March 5th on EWTN
- Justina Pelletier: Massachusetts DCF Running for Cover Under Legal and Media Pressure
- Matt C. Abbott On a New Book, The Seven Big Myths About Marriage
- Deal Hudson on Culture and the Death of God
- 'Ag gag' bill passes in Idaho; filming at farms now prohibited
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?