BIGFOOT - REAL? Purported new DNA evidence says - YES
Tissue samples, along with new video suggest that creatures of legend are real
Bigfoot, also known as the "skunk ape" has long puzzled cryptozoologists. Now, a group of researchers say new DNA evidence coupled with a video of a dozing female Sasquatch proves the reclusive creature's existence.
Reportedly backed by 11 outside laboratories and universities, which all reviewed the findings after being provided with blind samples, the Sasquatch Genome Project says this backs up claims of the creature's existence.
"We want people to understand that this is a serious study," Dr. Melba Ketchum, a genetics scientist says. Ketchum led the project during the course of the five-year study. Others are challenging Ketchum's credibility, such as New York University. Ketchum claims to have used that college's facilities in order to test a field sample.
The group was in Dallas earlier this week with genetic and visual findings. A video of what is described as "a reddish brown Sasquatch juvenile" sleeping in the woods after being tracked with her mother was among the evidence presented. The specimen is said to be just one of many witnessed and filmed in person by the researchers.
The report, first published in February, includes photos of coarse horse-like hair and at least one tissue sample believed by the group to be from an actual Sasquatch. Another photo depicts "fresh" drops of blood and large marks from "fangs" said to have punctured a metal downspout, according to the report.
"(A)pproximately one hundred and thirteen separate samples of hair, blood, mucus, toenail, bark scrapings, saliva and skin with hair and subcutaneous tissue attached were submitted by dozens of individuals and groups from thirty-four separate hominin collection sites around North America," the report explains.
The purported Bigfoot hair collected from the wooden structure in the woods is said to have contained a never-before-seen genetic structure, that is said to be human.
Thanks to a substantial $500,000 donation from Bigfoot believer and businessman Adrian Erickson, the researchers say they were able to scientifically analyze all samples collected.
Labs said to have received them for study included the University of Texas Southwestern, the North Louisiana Crime Lab and NYU.
However - a representative from NYU says that the university never dealt with Ketchum, who holds a doctorate in veterinary medicine from Texas A&M University or accepted any data or samples from the Bigfoot Genome Project.
The Louisiana Crime Lab says that it has worked with Ketchum on her study, but all they did was extract DNA from bones she sent them that she in turn sent to be sampled elsewhere.
"They didn't know what they were testing," Ketchum told journalists. "I have one email from a tester saying 'what have you done, discovered a new species?'"
Click here to learn about our Saint Michael the Archangel conference this Nov 1-3!
© 2013, Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- David and Goliath: Radiance Foundation and Ryan Bomberger Defend Children, Stand Up to the NAACP
- Anti-Christian Persecution: Christians Forced out of Business in Colorado and New Mexico
- Mary, Our Lady of Quatlasupe - She who crushes the head of the serpent, is leading the New Evangelization
- Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action' to end global hunger
- HISTORICAL TREASURE: Shipwreck hunter finds 152-year-old Civil War-era ship in Lake Huron
- My Journey Home to the Church and to Penance, the Sacrament of Freedom
- Crisis pregnancy Centers: Heeding Pope Francis' Call to 'Accompany' Women Contemplating Abortion
- What happened to Roanoke's Lost Colony? New clues cast a mysterious light on an old legend
- Fr Paul Schenck: Immaculate Conception Tells us Who Mary Is and Who We Are
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?