REPORT: Border agents being told to 'stand down' on drug smugglers, human traffickers
Source says that this could lead to lots of dangerous criminals streaming into U.S.
In a special report by Breitbart News, Shawn Moran, Vice President of the National Border Patrol Council says that U.S. Border agents has begun the practice of ordering Border Patrol Agents to "stand down" and cease pursuing drug smugglers, human smugglers and traffickers, and illegal aliens. This practice could send lots of dangerous criminals into the U.S.
"Border Patrol senior leadership says the stand downs are a means of addressing budgetary shortfalls and making sure agents aren't working longer shifts," Shawn Moran said.
"It doesn't matter whether it's drugs, bodies, or how large the group is, our agents are being ordered to stand down by Border Patrol management," Moran says. "I have received reports from our agents in every single sector from San Diego to the Rio Grande Valley in Texas that they are receiving these orders.
"They are not being relieved in place, they are simply being told that someone else is being dispatched, but none of us have seen that occur," he says. "We are simply being ordered to stand down and stop tracking and trying to apprehend the criminals." Moran also discussed the importance of agents being relieved in place when tracking an individual or group.
"Border Patrol senior leadership says the stand downs are a means of addressing budgetary shortfalls and making sure agents aren't working longer shifts," Moran said. "The Border Patrol has a larger budget than ever, but the agents on the ground have not seen the benefits of an increased budget. The increased budget has not trickled down to the men and women with their boots on the ground."
"They are placing the budgetary concerns before the security of our border," Moran stated. "We have situations where top-level bureaucrats in the U.S. Border Patrol and in the Customs and Border Protection Agency are receiving massive bonuses -- some up to $64,000 --- for finding ways to reduce the pay Border Patrol Agents receive."
Click here to learn about our Saint Michael the Archangel conference this Nov 1-3!
© 2013, Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Anti-Christian Persecution: Christians Forced out of Business in Colorado and New Mexico
- My Journey Home to the Church and to Penance, the Sacrament of Freedom
- Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action' to end global hunger
- Crisis pregnancy Centers: Heeding Pope Francis' Call to 'Accompany' Women Contemplating Abortion
- What happened to Roanoke's Lost Colony? New clues cast a mysterious light on an old legend
- Fr Paul Schenck: Immaculate Conception Tells us Who Mary Is and Who We Are
- Nuclear password to start World War III - was 00000000
- Same-sex weddings now comprise 17 percent of all Washington state marriages
- St. Nicholas: Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?