How rich people can buy their way into the USA
Program just for rich people allows them to buy green cards, may become permanent.
If you want to come to the United States on a green card, you may as well get in a very long line and wait your turn. Generally the process takes months, and up to a year, sometimes more. However, for those who have money, there is a special line you can enter.
It is a legal option to buy your way into the country.
If you do it, your entire family becomes eligible to move into the country and reside here legally. Aside from the money and the jobs, the only catch is that there is a 10,000 per year cap on the visas issued to such persons.
It seems a bit un-American to allow one class of people to have preference over another, however there is nothing new to the notion that money buys privilege in the United States.
The program has already demonstrated great success and may even become permanent as Congress mulls the option to enshrine it into law. It's popular with Congress because it creates jobs and brings foreign investment into the country. Foreigners like it because it's an easy option.
Matchmakers have sprung up to serve on both sides of the border. These matchmakers pair rich foreigners with qualifying projects in the U.S. Once the cash is delivered, the visas are issued and the investor, along with the family, can resettle in the U.S. and watch their investment go to work.
The program isn't without risk however. Foreigners are susceptible to fraud, and some projects end up collapsing. Unscrupulous entrepreneurs sometimes want the foreign cash without regard for the soundness of their business plan. When these plans collapse, investors can lose their money.
Investors have learned to become more conservative as a result.
Still, the program enjoys support and is bringing foreign money into the country. It is also bringing foreign investors and their families to live here as well. We are all familiar with low-end immigration where thousands of people cross oceans and deserts to work long hours for low pay in America. It's interesting to see that this also holds true for wealthy immigrants too.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Crisis pregnancy Centers: Heeding Pope Francis' Call to 'Accompany' Women Contemplating Abortion
- Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action' to end global hunger
- What happened to Roanoke's Lost Colony? New clues cast a mysterious light on an old legend
- Fr Paul Schenck: Immaculate Conception Tells us Who Mary Is and Who We Are
- Nuclear password to start World War III - was 00000000
- Same-sex weddings now comprise 17 percent of all Washington state marriages
- St. Nicholas: Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa
- HHS Mandate News: Priests for Life to Have its Day in Court!
- How Many Loaves Do You Have? Living the Miracle of the Loaves Today
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?