Fixing the massive breakdown of the black family is owned by the black community
Chicago saw over 500 homicides last year.
The suburban Advocate Christ Medical Center in Chicago has made recent headlines as a facility routinely inundated by victims of violent crime. The shocking reports from the hospital illustrate disturbing trends in already troubling times.
Last year, Chicago saw 500 homicides. This year the trend is down, but the doctors report other disturbing changes.
"In recent years, hospital workers say, they have seen more children caught in the crossfire and more bullet holes in the victims who are rushed to their campus," NBC reported.
Instead of one bullet hole, victims are being rushed to the hospital with multiple gunshot wounds. One doctor reported seeing a victim with 32 wounds.
The facility also finds itself treating more children. Children and other innocent people are being caught in the crossfire, and in the worst cases, they may be deliberately targeted.
The vast majority of victims are African American males, many with connections to area gangs. It should be noted that these crimes are what the popular media refers to as "black-on-black" crimes. African American youth are terrorizing themselves.
While it can be argued for days why this is, ultimately it comes down to a question of individual responsibility. No matter what "the system" has done to an individual, it is always their final choice to take up a weapon and use that against another human being.
For many black youth, gangs and the violence that comes with it are part of their culture. This is because the gang, as twisted as it may be, is replacing the family for many troubled youths. Since gangs have twisted moral compasses, thinking becomes distorted and before long even murder becomes rational.
In addition to murder, gangsters are selling drugs and prostituting their sisters to neighbors.
All of this is tied to the illicit trade in vice, control of territory and income. Even when territorial disputes get resolved, blood feuds between individuals remain.
None of this is unique to race, and similar situations can be found globally where illicit trade abounds amidst poverty. However, one thing is clear. In America, the breakdown of the family, and the black family in particular is directly related to the loss of basic morals.
Race-baiting leaders such as Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are failing to provide the moral and spiritual leadership African American youth need. The breakdown of the black family is directly related to the loss of the moral compass in that community.
It may be that "the man" created these problems in the first place by years of corrupt and racist social engineering. Even if so, especially if so, the black community does itself a disservice by waiting for the same agents to come fix the problem. It will never happen, because "the man" is served by the problem.
The problems of the black community are owned by the blacks and must be solved by them. Black children must choose rightly between education and gangs. Black adults must choose college, the military, or work over violence, sloth, and prison.
Young women need to pursue abstinence and wait until marriage, they must choose men who are willing and able to provide, they must choose life for their babies, and the family unit must stay together.
At the end of the day, it is the black child that chooses another activity besides homework. It is a black parent that chooses not to parent their children. It is a black man that chooses to pull the trigger instead of cracking open a college textbook.
Even if the man created the problem, all the more reason for the black community to take the best revenge, which is by becoming successful on their own.
The time has come for new leaders to emerge. Their race does not matter, but their message means everything. Above all, inner-city youth, and their parents need to listen.
Individual responsibility is key and nobody, no matter the race, gets far without it.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Mary, Our Lady of Quatlasupe - She who crushes the head of the serpent, is leading the New Evangelization
- David and Goliath: Radiance Foundation and Ryan Bomberger Defend Children, Stand Up to the NAACP
- Anti-Christian Persecution: Christians Forced out of Business in Colorado and New Mexico
- Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action' to end global hunger
- HISTORICAL TREASURE: Shipwreck hunter finds 152-year-old Civil War-era ship in Lake Huron
- My Journey Home to the Church and to Penance, the Sacrament of Freedom
- Crisis pregnancy Centers: Heeding Pope Francis' Call to 'Accompany' Women Contemplating Abortion
- What happened to Roanoke's Lost Colony? New clues cast a mysterious light on an old legend
- Fr Paul Schenck: Immaculate Conception Tells us Who Mary Is and Who We Are
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?