Priests for Life to Name the Babies Killed in Gosnell Clinic in Memorial Service
Though a father or mother may forsake the child, that does not give us permission to do so. We claim these children as our brothers and sisters.
On Wednesday, we will have a memorial service, which we will make available online, in which we will acknowledge the human dignity and personhood of these children, and bestow names upon them. God has entrusted the lives of all of us to one another. (Fr Frank Pavone)
STATEN ISLAND, NY(Priests for Life) - Fr. Frank Pavone, National Director of Priests for Life, released the following statement this morning:
"As we await the verdict in the trial of Kermit Gosnell, Priests for Life, which has requested from the Medical Examiner the bodies of the babies retrieved from Gosnell's clinic so that a funeral and burial can be arranged, will take the step this week of giving names to those babies."
"On Wednesday, we will have a memorial service, which we will make available online, in which we will acknowledge the human dignity and personhood of these children, and bestow names upon them. God has entrusted the lives of all of us to one another."
"Though a father or mother may forsake the child, that does not give us permission to do so. We claim these children as our brothers and sisters."
More information will be posted on Facebook.com/ProLifePage."
Priests for Life is the nation's largest Catholic pro-life organization dedicated to ending abortion and euthanasia. For more information, visit www.priestsforlife.org.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Fr. Paul Schenck: The New Eugenics, 'Better Babies' and the Dangers of Biotechnology
- Interview With Cardinal SeŠn Patrick O'Malley Gives Insights into the Heart of Pope Francis
- Deal W. Hudson: Why Social Conservatives Should Become Cultural Conservatives
- CORPORATE SPY: Engineering consultant accused of stealing secrets from DuPont for Chinese
- 24th season of Defending Life Premiered March 5th on EWTN
- Justina Pelletier: Massachusetts DCF Running for Cover Under Legal and Media Pressure
- Matt C. Abbott On a New Book, The Seven Big Myths About Marriage
- Deal Hudson on Culture and the Death of God
- 'Ag gag' bill passes in Idaho; filming at farms now prohibited
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?