Gosnell trial - Breathing babies, forced to swim in toilet before their murder
Kermit Gosnell faces the death penalty.
The prosecution against Kermit Gosnell, 72, provided powerful testimony against the abortionist who is charged with multiple counts of murder and faces the death penalty for killing babies right out of their mother's wombs. A witness testified today that she even saw a baby attempt to swim in a toilet before the child was brutally murdered.
According to testimony, he would often cut off the feet of aborted children and store them in jars, saying they were "for DNA purposes."
The last testimony was offered by Kareema Cross, a "medical assistant" who worked at Gosnell's house of horrors. She was one of several such assistants who became so alarmed at the nature of the activities there, she photographed the aftermath of several murders.
Prosecutor Joanne Pescatore asked, "Did you ever see the babies move?"
"Yes, once in the toilet," answered Cross. She added, the baby "was like swimming, basically trying to get out."
According to her testimony, Adrienne Moton, another employee, fished the baby out of the toilet and snipped its neck while the mother was still in the room.
In another incident, Cross testified that Gosnell snipped a baby's neck and placed him into a shoebox. With the last bit of life, the baby tried to breathe, curled into a fetal position, then died.
Cross eventually testified to seeing no less than 10 babies breathe before Gosnell murdered them.
What is most tragic is that Gosnell's clinic was reported several times for its atrocities, but authorities never did anything about it. They never launched a single investigation. Instead, Gosnell's house of horrors was only discovered by authorities when police raided the facility as part of their investigation into Gosnell's alleged sale of illegal drugs.
It is now obvious that Gosnell committed atrocities of an exceptionally heinous nature for a period spanning several years. Next week, the defense will present their case, as best they can.
Gosnell faces the death penalty if convicted.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- David and Goliath: Radiance Foundation and Ryan Bomberger Defend Children, Stand Up to the NAACP
- Anti-Christian Persecution: Christians Forced out of Business in Colorado and New Mexico
- Mary, Our Lady of Quatlasupe - She who crushes the head of the serpent, is leading the New Evangelization
- Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action' to end global hunger
- HISTORICAL TREASURE: Shipwreck hunter finds 152-year-old Civil War-era ship in Lake Huron
- My Journey Home to the Church and to Penance, the Sacrament of Freedom
- Crisis pregnancy Centers: Heeding Pope Francis' Call to 'Accompany' Women Contemplating Abortion
- What happened to Roanoke's Lost Colony? New clues cast a mysterious light on an old legend
- Fr Paul Schenck: Immaculate Conception Tells us Who Mary Is and Who We Are
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?