Solid leads, courthouse evacuated, poison letters -- what's happening?
Details remain elusive, unconfirmed.
Authorities say they have identified a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings, but that no arrests have been made. Meanwhile, the federal courthouse in Boston has been evacuated for unknown reason. These events coincide with poisoned letters sent to Obama and others.
Other authorities are showing less enthusiasm and only saying they have "solid leads."
Also at this hour, the federal courthouse in Boston is being evacuated however, there is no stated reason why.
For the past 48 hours, the nation has endured heartbreak, frustration, and now hope that someone will be found to answer for these crimes. Facts have been slim while authorities remain tight-lipped about the investigation.
Meanwhile, users in the Reddit and 4Chan online communities say they have identified a suspect based on their own research. Those communities have solved crimes before by crowd-sourcing answers from users.
In what are thought to be unrelated events, tainted letters have been mailed to Senator Richard Shelby (R-AL) and President Obama. Authorities say they have detected ricin powder on both letters. Ricin is a powerful toxin derived from the castor bean, that can be fatal if inhaled.
Senator Carl Levin, (D-MI) also says his office has received a suspicious letter. Federal authorities say they know who sent the letters and will be making an arrest soon. They have not indicated a connection between the letters and the terror attacks in Boston.
Federal and local authorities in Boston have scheduled an interview at 5:00 p.m. EDT today. It is hoped they will provide more specifics about these developments at that time.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lord’s invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Deal Hudson on the Creed: What Kind of One is 'One God'
- Fr. Paul Schenck: The New Eugenics, 'Better Babies' and the Dangers of Biotechnology
- Interview With Cardinal Seán Patrick O'Malley Gives Insights into the Heart of Pope Francis
- Deal W. Hudson: Why Social Conservatives Should Become Cultural Conservatives
- CORPORATE SPY: Engineering consultant accused of stealing secrets from DuPont for Chinese
- 24th season of Defending Life Premiered March 5th on EWTN
- Justina Pelletier: Massachusetts DCF Running for Cover Under Legal and Media Pressure
- Matt C. Abbott On a New Book, The Seven Big Myths About Marriage
- Deal Hudson on Culture and the Death of God
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?