Authorities raid Boston apartment of Saudi suspect 'Jason'
Suspect 'Jason' is said to be cooperating with authorities.
Authorities have raided the apartment of a Saudi national who they say is a person of interest in the investigation. Investigators were seen leaving his Boston residence with bags of evidence.
The 20-year-old male is in the United States to study English. He suffered severe burns yesterday and according to authorities, he is cooperating with the investigation.
The unidentified man was originally detained by civilians who said he was acting suspiciously. It is unknown if he is the man who was also photographed being arrested by police in the aftermath of the incident.
The apartment at 364 Ocean Avenue in Boston was raided during the night by authorities who later emerged carrying bags of evidence. The bomb squad was also on hand, but likely only as a precaution and to handle any bomb-making material that could prove dangerous. There's no indications such evidence was found.
According to the police, the Saudi man said he was in the area because he had just finished a meal with some friends and he wanted to view the end of the race. If true, he could have an alibi which clears him.
His roommates also vouched for him saying he is a kind person "who would never hurt anyone."
He is described as a soccer fan and reportedly went by the Anglicized name of "Jason."
The building itself houses a number of residents from the Middle East. The building's management also says they have been cooperating with the police.
Officials have not announced if any findings from the apartment are actually of suspicious nature.
UPDATE 4/16 - 4:00 p.m. EDT: Authorities are now saying that "Jason" is likely to be cleared of any suspicion.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- David and Goliath: Radiance Foundation and Ryan Bomberger Defend Children, Stand Up to the NAACP
- Anti-Christian Persecution: Christians Forced out of Business in Colorado and New Mexico
- Mary, Our Lady of Quatlasupe - She who crushes the head of the serpent, is leading the New Evangelization
- Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action' to end global hunger
- HISTORICAL TREASURE: Shipwreck hunter finds 152-year-old Civil War-era ship in Lake Huron
- My Journey Home to the Church and to Penance, the Sacrament of Freedom
- Crisis pregnancy Centers: Heeding Pope Francis' Call to 'Accompany' Women Contemplating Abortion
- What happened to Roanoke's Lost Colony? New clues cast a mysterious light on an old legend
- Fr Paul Schenck: Immaculate Conception Tells us Who Mary Is and Who We Are
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?