Boy, 10, falls onto subway tracks - Brooklyn
Fortunately, story has a happy ending.
This is not a good year for people and subway tracks as a 10-year-old boy was the most recent person to fall onto the tracks at a Brooklyn station.
A 10-year-olod boy was spared from a grisly fate by a quick thinking Samaritan.
Fortunately, another passenger reacted quickly and helped the boy back onto the platform just as the next train approached.
The boy was taken to the doctor by his parents who wanted to ensure he did not injure himself during the fall.
The father, who did not identify himself or his son, said he wanted to send out his thanks to the unknown man who helped save his son.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: subway, tracks, boy, fall
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Cheers Star: We Didn't Need Surveillance When We Were Kids - 'We Had God'
- Poorly prepared teachers steering nation's classrooms
- Did Pocahontas save explorer John Smith here? Native American site of Werowocomoco fascinating regardless
- No-one Can Change the Truth About Fatherhood. Love Your Father. Be a Good Father
- IN SEARCH OF SUNKEN TREASURE: Divers plunge into Lake Michigan to search for 17th Century ship
- Courageous Bishop Paprocki Shows Us How To Contend for the Truth About Marriage
- Courageous Cardinal George of Chicago Defends Marriage, Calls for Public Conversion
- Archbishop Chaput Cuts Through the Double Talk About Religious Liberty
- CENSUS: Non-Hispanic whites hits all-time low of 63 percent
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?