Obamacare will fail primary goal - Denver
Economists say millions will remain uninsured.
Obamacare will fail its primary objective, according to MIT economists and Colorado officials who say the law will leave at last 400,000 Coloradoans still uninsured. The law takes full effect next January and was touted as a way to provide health care for the uninsured.
The solution is not as comprehensive as originally envisioned.
Next year, most Americans anticipate getting insurance as the law prevents insurers from rejecting people with preexisting conditions, and requiring most Americans to purchase insurance or face a penalty which has been described as a tax.
Low and middle-income earners will be subsidized and those whose premiums would exceed 8 percent of their income are exempt. This leaves a sliver of people, which will total millions nationwide, who remain without insurance.
However, women who want contraceptives or abortions, will find those freely available, insurance or no.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- St. Nicholas: Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa
- HHS Mandate News: Priests for Life to Have its Day in Court!
- How Many Loaves Do You Have? Living the Miracle of the Loaves Today
- If Detroit declares bankruptcy - what then?
- United States teens still lagging behind their global friends in education
- A Thanksgiving Day Reflection on the Goodness of America
- Thanksgiving: We Must Become Again a People of Thanksgiving, Love and Light
- Black Friday, immoral and oppressive? How about - a RIP-OFF as well?
- Obama decide cierre de embajada de EEUU en el Vaticano: Muestra 'antipatía' hacia católicos
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?