'Mama, why did you kill me?' Woman sentenced for drowning autistic son
San diego woman sentenced to 15 years to life.
The woman who murdered her son because he was autistic has been sentenced in a San Diego court to serve 15 years to life in prison after pleading guilty to second-degree murder.
Her husband was at work at the time and Corby did not try to conceal her crime. After she murdered the boy, she wrapped his body in a blanket and reported to the Carmel Valley police station to turn herself in.
Corby's attorney provided evidence that showed the family spent as much as $70,000 trying to provide care for the boy.
As a term of her sentence, Corby will not be eligible to get time off for good behavior and will have to serve the full minimum of 15 years before being considered for parole.
In court, Corby kept her head down as relatives condemned her before sentencing. In an especially tearful moment, an aunt said the boy was looking down from heaven and asking, "Mama, why did you kill me?"
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- HISTORICAL TREASURE: Shipwreck hunter finds 152-year-old Civil War-era ship in Lake Huron
- Anti-Christian Persecution: Christians Forced out of Business in Colorado and New Mexico
- My Journey Home to the Church and to Penance, the Sacrament of Freedom
- Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action' to end global hunger
- Crisis pregnancy Centers: Heeding Pope Francis' Call to 'Accompany' Women Contemplating Abortion
- What happened to Roanoke's Lost Colony? New clues cast a mysterious light on an old legend
- Fr Paul Schenck: Immaculate Conception Tells us Who Mary Is and Who We Are
- Nuclear password to start World War III - was 00000000
- Same-sex weddings now comprise 17 percent of all Washington state marriages
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?