Marine recruit flees boot camp in his underwear - So Cal
Recruit was captured on nearby airport tarmac.
Not everybody can be a Marine. That became evident to authorities in San Diego as one man attempted to escape boot camp in his underwear and ended up on the tarmac at a major international airport.
According to MCRD officials, the man was in the middle of the intake process and had not yet started training.
Deciding to quit, he fled from the facility on foot, heading towards a major airport that abuts MCRD. As he leapt the fence into the airport, his trousers got snagged. He left them behind and continued fleeing in just a tee shirt and underwear.
His unauthorized access to the airport sounded an alarm and police were alerted. The now partially unclothed man was spotted running across the tarmac and getting into a janitor's van with the intention of driving to safety.
He then backed into a luggage trolley and was stopped and arrested on the spot.
Police say he was bleeding from cuts sustained in his escape from MCRD.
The airport said their operations weren't impacted by the fleeing man. They also told the media that this happens at least once about every other year.
Which raises the question, just what do they do to new recruits at MCRD? Unfortunately, there's only one way to find out and after this, volunteers are lacking amongst the Catholic Online staff.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Mary, Our Lady of Quatlasupe - She who crushes the head of the serpent, is leading the New Evangelization
- David and Goliath: Radiance Foundation and Ryan Bomberger Defend Children, Stand Up to the NAACP
- Anti-Christian Persecution: Christians Forced out of Business in Colorado and New Mexico
- Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action' to end global hunger
- HISTORICAL TREASURE: Shipwreck hunter finds 152-year-old Civil War-era ship in Lake Huron
- My Journey Home to the Church and to Penance, the Sacrament of Freedom
- Crisis pregnancy Centers: Heeding Pope Francis' Call to 'Accompany' Women Contemplating Abortion
- What happened to Roanoke's Lost Colony? New clues cast a mysterious light on an old legend
- Fr Paul Schenck: Immaculate Conception Tells us Who Mary Is and Who We Are
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?