Pastor settles dispute over 'Real Science' name - Denver
Enyart is a fundamentalist pastor who claims the Earth is young.
A Denver pastor has agreed to change the name of his radio talk show after being sued by NPR for trademark infringement and cyber-squatting. Pastor Bob Enyart was sued over the name of this radio program which he called "Real Science Radio."
Aside from confusion, NPS's motivation may have literally come down to science.
Enyart, is the self-described fundamentalist pastor of the Denver Bible Church with a congregation of about 60 members. In his program, he claims the Earth is young, its age measured in thousands of years rather than billions. He also spends time commenting on Darwinism and the Big Bang theory, using scriptural passages and interpretation to challenge current scientific journalism.
The details of the settlement have not been announced, but Enyart said he would be changing the name of his program to "Real Science Radio."
That Enyart preaches real science however, is questionable, and likely the source of much of NPR's ire. Despite resistance from Protestant fundamentalists, scientists have done a very good job providing concrete evidence regarding the age of the Earth and evolution by means of natural selection. Pope John Paul II even made allowance for such beliefs within the context of Catholic belief.
As for the Big Bang theory, it was suggested by Jesuit scholar and priest, Georges Lemaitre. Lemaitre's theory is now the leading scientific explanation for the creation of the universe.
Still, the Catholic Church emphasizes the primacy and role of God in all creation noting that creative limits, scientific or miraculous, cannot be placed on God. In other words, God may create as He pleases.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lord’s invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Brothers in Arms: St Benedict and St Francis.
- Polish Bishops and Pope Francis Expose the Gender Identity Movement
- Deal Hudson on the Creed: What Kind of One is 'One God'
- Fr. Paul Schenck: The New Eugenics, 'Better Babies' and the Dangers of Biotechnology
- Interview With Cardinal Seán Patrick O'Malley Gives Insights into the Heart of Pope Francis
- Deal W. Hudson: Why Social Conservatives Should Become Cultural Conservatives
- CORPORATE SPY: Engineering consultant accused of stealing secrets from DuPont for Chinese
- 24th season of Defending Life Premiered March 5th on EWTN
- Justina Pelletier: Massachusetts DCF Running for Cover Under Legal and Media Pressure
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?