Prosecutors: Holmes took pics of theater, weapons before spree - Denver
Pictures suggest Holmes was sane when he planned his attack.
Prosecutors told a crowded courtroom on Wednesday that James Holmes, the shooter who faces trial for the shooting deaths of at least 12 people and injuring at least 58 others in a crowded movie theater, took photos of the theater as he prepared for his deadly spree.
Holmes also took pictures of himself posing with weapons and the gear he used in the attack.
The photos suggest that Holmes meticulously planned and premeditated the deadly spree and that it may not have been the outburst of a mentally ill man.
Today was the third and last day of hearing testimony for Holmes.
The judge will make a decision on Friday if there is enough evidence to bring the case to trial.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Deal W. Hudson: Why Social Conservatives Should Become Cultural Conservatives
- CORPORATE SPY: Engineering consultant accused of stealing secrets from DuPont for Chinese
- 24th season of Defending Life Premiered March 5th on EWTN
- Justina Pelletier: Massachusetts DCF Running for Cover Under Legal and Media Pressure
- Matt C. Abbott On a New Book, The Seven Big Myths About Marriage
- Deal Hudson on Culture and the Death of God
- 'Ag gag' bill passes in Idaho; filming at farms now prohibited
- Man becomes first married Catholic priest in the United States with Vatican blessing
- Uh oh, American Bishop of Bling may catch Papal ire
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?