Claim jumpers on the moon? - Denver
Golden Spike plans to fly astronatus to the moon, for a price.
Golden Spike Co. is planning to send humans to the moon on private spacecraft, but there are some questions being raised about the project.
Their space tourism endeavor has raised a lot of questions however, and some fear the Moon may become the wild west of the new frontier.
Golden Spike says that space tourists aren't likely to be the primary customers on the flights. Rather, they envision ferrying scientists and other researchers to the moon and back.
The Outer Space Treaty of 1967 forbids countries from claiming land on the moon, but the treaty does not prohibit private agencies and individuals from doing so.
Still, it remains highly unlikely that anyone should fear claim jumpers on the moon just yet. It is likely to still be decades before humans return to our nearest astronomical neighbor, and even then, the few visitors that arrive will have better things to do than quarrel with their fellow astronauts.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Anti-Christian Persecution: Christians Forced out of Business in Colorado and New Mexico
- My Journey Home to the Church and to Penance, the Sacrament of Freedom
- Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action' to end global hunger
- Crisis pregnancy Centers: Heeding Pope Francis' Call to 'Accompany' Women Contemplating Abortion
- What happened to Roanoke's Lost Colony? New clues cast a mysterious light on an old legend
- Fr Paul Schenck: Immaculate Conception Tells us Who Mary Is and Who We Are
- Nuclear password to start World War III - was 00000000
- Same-sex weddings now comprise 17 percent of all Washington state marriages
- St. Nicholas: Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?