Claim jumpers on the moon? - Denver
Golden Spike plans to fly astronatus to the moon, for a price.
Golden Spike Co. is planning to send humans to the moon on private spacecraft, but there are some questions being raised about the project.
Their space tourism endeavor has raised a lot of questions however, and some fear the Moon may become the wild west of the new frontier.
Golden Spike says that space tourists aren't likely to be the primary customers on the flights. Rather, they envision ferrying scientists and other researchers to the moon and back.
The Outer Space Treaty of 1967 forbids countries from claiming land on the moon, but the treaty does not prohibit private agencies and individuals from doing so.
Still, it remains highly unlikely that anyone should fear claim jumpers on the moon just yet. It is likely to still be decades before humans return to our nearest astronomical neighbor, and even then, the few visitors that arrive will have better things to do than quarrel with their fellow astronauts.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Fr. Paul Schenck: The New Eugenics, 'Better Babies' and the Dangers of Biotechnology
- Interview With Cardinal SeŠn Patrick O'Malley Gives Insights into the Heart of Pope Francis
- Deal W. Hudson: Why Social Conservatives Should Become Cultural Conservatives
- CORPORATE SPY: Engineering consultant accused of stealing secrets from DuPont for Chinese
- 24th season of Defending Life Premiered March 5th on EWTN
- Justina Pelletier: Massachusetts DCF Running for Cover Under Legal and Media Pressure
- Matt C. Abbott On a New Book, The Seven Big Myths About Marriage
- Deal Hudson on Culture and the Death of God
- 'Ag gag' bill passes in Idaho; filming at farms now prohibited
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?
When this rosary was presented to me for photography, I was in awe. ... Read More