Zimmerman defense asks for longer leash - Orlando
Defense makes motion for greater freedom in light of new evidence.
George Zimmerman may enjoy a little more freedom in the days to come as a judge considers a defense motion to remove his GPS monitor and allow him to move freely about the state. The defense filed the motion after the release of new evidence that shows Zimmerman was physically attacked.
The defense motion reads in part, "During the course of discovery, certain evidence has come to light suggesting that Mr. Zimmerman is innocent of the charges against him.This evidence is particularly relevant... when determining conditions of release."
According to the defense, Zimmerman "needs to be able to travel more freely throughout the State of Florida for reasons of his own personal safety and... to have the ability to assist his defense." The ability to travel would facilitate that effort.
The motion is expected to be heard on Tuesday.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action' to end global hunger
- To Bill O'Reilly - Phil Robertson Was Quoting St Paul! Ignorance of Scripture is Ignorance of Christ
- Duck Dynasty and the GQ Interview of Phil Robertson: Rejecting Political Correctness
- Fr. Frank Pavone: We Will Obey God Rather Than Men. We Will Not Obey the HHS Mandate
- Ninety percent of Americans will celebrate Christmas this year - even 80 percent of non-Christians
- Portraits of Lee and Jackson taken down at college, high school renamed
- The unrelenting 'Gay Mafia' has bullied A&E into suspending 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- Archbishop Nienstedt Voluntary Steps Aside After Allegation, Claims it is Absolutely and Entirely False
- Here Comes Polygamy: Utah Federal Judge Strikes Down Much of the Prohibition against Polygamy
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?