Dog thrown in trash to die is rescued - Orlando
God's creatures do not belong in the garbage.
God's creatures do not belong in the trash. So one community is learning after the heart-wrenching story of a caged Chihuahua that was found on a trash pile.
Hope with one of her rescuers.
A passing bicycle rider rescued the dog before the garbage truck came through. The notion that anyone would discard a live animal in such a callous fashion is disturbing.
The passer-by bathed the dog and contacted animal control who retrieved the animal. At the same time, word began to spread virally about the rescued dog.
Animal control would normally euthanize an older dog with health issues, but the Chihuahua, dubbed "Hope" by her rescuers, received such an outpouring of support that Elfie's Refuge, a Brooksville dog hospice, asked to adopt the animal.
The hospice plans to remove the Hope's tumor and possibly perform some dental work.
Once those procedures are completed, Hope may be adopted by a qualified, loving family.
Meanwhile, an agriculture deputy is investigating the case as an animal cruelty incident. Anyone with information is urged to contact the authorities.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Hope, chihuahua, trash, Pine Lakes
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- SHOCKING: Senator says IRS set to pay out $70 million in employee bonuses
- Agents think they'll find out what happened to Jimmy Hoffa - after 40 years
- Did Pocahontas save explorer John Smith here? Native American site of Werowocomoco fascinating regardless
- Poorly prepared teachers steering nation's classrooms
- Cheers Star: We Didn't Need Surveillance When We Were Kids - 'We Had God'
- IN SEARCH OF SUNKEN TREASURE: Divers plunge into Lake Michigan to search for 17th Century ship
- No-one Can Change the Truth About Fatherhood. Love Your Father. Be a Good Father
- Archbishop Chaput Cuts Through the Double Talk About Religious Liberty
- Courageous Cardinal George of Chicago Defends Marriage, Calls for Public Conversion
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?