Dog thrown in trash to die is rescued - Orlando
God's creatures do not belong in the garbage.
God's creatures do not belong in the trash. So one community is learning after the heart-wrenching story of a caged Chihuahua that was found on a trash pile.
A passing bicycle rider rescued the dog before the garbage truck came through. The notion that anyone would discard a live animal in such a callous fashion is disturbing.
The passer-by bathed the dog and contacted animal control who retrieved the animal. At the same time, word began to spread virally about the rescued dog.
Animal control would normally euthanize an older dog with health issues, but the Chihuahua, dubbed "Hope" by her rescuers, received such an outpouring of support that Elfie's Refuge, a Brooksville dog hospice, asked to adopt the animal.
The hospice plans to remove the Hope's tumor and possibly perform some dental work.
Once those procedures are completed, Hope may be adopted by a qualified, loving family.
Meanwhile, an agriculture deputy is investigating the case as an animal cruelty incident. Anyone with information is urged to contact the authorities.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Fr. Paul Schenck: The New Eugenics, 'Better Babies' and the Dangers of Biotechnology
- Interview With Cardinal SeŠn Patrick O'Malley Gives Insights into the Heart of Pope Francis
- Deal W. Hudson: Why Social Conservatives Should Become Cultural Conservatives
- CORPORATE SPY: Engineering consultant accused of stealing secrets from DuPont for Chinese
- 24th season of Defending Life Premiered March 5th on EWTN
- Justina Pelletier: Massachusetts DCF Running for Cover Under Legal and Media Pressure
- Matt C. Abbott On a New Book, The Seven Big Myths About Marriage
- Deal Hudson on Culture and the Death of God
- 'Ag gag' bill passes in Idaho; filming at farms now prohibited
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?