Dog thrown in trash to die is rescued - Orlando
God's creatures do not belong in the garbage.
God's creatures do not belong in the trash. So one community is learning after the heart-wrenching story of a caged Chihuahua that was found on a trash pile.
A passing bicycle rider rescued the dog before the garbage truck came through. The notion that anyone would discard a live animal in such a callous fashion is disturbing.
The passer-by bathed the dog and contacted animal control who retrieved the animal. At the same time, word began to spread virally about the rescued dog.
Animal control would normally euthanize an older dog with health issues, but the Chihuahua, dubbed "Hope" by her rescuers, received such an outpouring of support that Elfie's Refuge, a Brooksville dog hospice, asked to adopt the animal.
The hospice plans to remove the Hope's tumor and possibly perform some dental work.
Once those procedures are completed, Hope may be adopted by a qualified, loving family.
Meanwhile, an agriculture deputy is investigating the case as an animal cruelty incident. Anyone with information is urged to contact the authorities.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Fr. Frank Pavone: We Will Obey God Rather Than Men. We Will Not Obey the HHS Mandate
- Duck Dynasty and the GQ Interview of Phil Robertson: Rejecting Political Correctness
- Ninety percent of Americans will celebrate Christmas this year - even 80 percent of non-Christians
- Portraits of Lee and Jackson taken down at college, high school renamed
- The unrelenting 'Gay Mafia' has bullied A&E into suspending 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- Archbishop Nienstedt Voluntary Steps Aside After Allegation, Claims it is Absolutely and Entirely False
- Here Comes Polygamy: Utah Federal Judge Strikes Down Much of the Prohibition against Polygamy
- New York teachers make twice as much as those in South Carolina
- Abortion mill monster Kermit Gosnell gets 30 years
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?