Woman shot by pistol kept under pillow - Philadelphia
Victim is recovering in stable condition.
A Chester County woman got a rude awakening as she laid down to sleep late Tuesday night. The unidentified woman was shot in the face with a pistol under her pillow.
The unidentified 46-year-old woman remained conscious as her ex-husband, 47, tried to stop the bleeding in her face.
Police were alerted by the victim's 22-year-old son who dialed 911 after hearing the shot.
The pistol was a .45 caliber Kimber, and is legally registered and owned by the husband.
However, given his preferred method of storage, perhaps that should change.
Police are warning that weapons should be safely stored, unloaded, and under lock and key to prevent accidents such as these.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- David and Goliath: Radiance Foundation and Ryan Bomberger Defend Children, Stand Up to the NAACP
- Anti-Christian Persecution: Christians Forced out of Business in Colorado and New Mexico
- Mary, Our Lady of Quatlasupe - She who crushes the head of the serpent, is leading the New Evangelization
- Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action' to end global hunger
- HISTORICAL TREASURE: Shipwreck hunter finds 152-year-old Civil War-era ship in Lake Huron
- My Journey Home to the Church and to Penance, the Sacrament of Freedom
- Crisis pregnancy Centers: Heeding Pope Francis' Call to 'Accompany' Women Contemplating Abortion
- What happened to Roanoke's Lost Colony? New clues cast a mysterious light on an old legend
- Fr Paul Schenck: Immaculate Conception Tells us Who Mary Is and Who We Are
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?