DAILY SUNSHINE: Police operation finds holiday shoppers are honest
Sting operation finds nearly everyone doing the right thing.
Police conducting a sting operation in Manchester, New Hampshire, have made a shocking discovery. Most people are decent, honest, and reasonable.
Police have been leaving a purse filled with cash out to tempt unscrupulous shoppers -- they have found nearly everybody turns the purse in.
After two weeks, police have only made two arrests of individuals who they say took the purse and DVD player and put them into their cars.
Under the law, people must try to return property they find which isn't theirs.
The report is a bit of cheer in this hectic holiday season. Typically, the news is filled with stories of a spike in robberies and misfortune as thieves steal money and Christmas presents from those who have them. It is refreshing to see that most people aren't so terrible after all.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Nuclear password to start World War III - was 00000000
- Same-sex weddings now comprise 17 percent of all Washington state marriages
- St. Nicholas: Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa
- HHS Mandate News: Priests for Life to Have its Day in Court!
- How Many Loaves Do You Have? Living the Miracle of the Loaves Today
- If Detroit declares bankruptcy - what then?
- United States teens still lagging behind their global friends in education
- A Thanksgiving Day Reflection on the Goodness of America
- Thanksgiving: We Must Become Again a People of Thanksgiving, Love and Light
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?