Gruesome! Who one NY cop planned to eat for Thanksgiving - Brooklyn
Heartwarming, but not the kind you'd reasonably expect.
An NYPD cop is facing some gruesome charges that he planned to kidnap, cook, and devour a woman for Thanksgiving.
Thankfully, the police and FBI stopped this alleged serial killer and cannibal before he could start.
The FBI and NYPD conducted a two-month investigation and found that Valle made a database of several women he planned to kidnap, torture, kill, cook and eat.
Prosecutors say Valle was very specific about his plans while chatting with a friend online. Those records will build a key part of their case.
Judge Paul Gardephe denied bail for Valle saying he would have "to settle for a cheap jailhouse turkey dinner." He added, "There is nothing about this case that is rational. It is depraved, bizarre and aberrational, and at the moment it is unexplainable -- especially by someone who is a police officer."
Although no women were harmed by Valle, the FBI said there was a great deal of intent expressed by him.
Defense attorneys are trying to claim the entire affair is the result of a twisted fantasy, but that nothing criminal took place.
Valle's trial is set for January 22.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: NYPD, cannibal, cop, Valle, Thanksgiving
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Homeless man whose face was eaten away in cannibal attack recovering
- Priests for Life: Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act Most Significant Legislative Step Forward
- In the Wake of the Moore Tornado: What Can we Learn from the Disaster?
- US Supreme Court Accepts Religion Case: Will Legislative Prayer Survive Religious Censorship?
- Largest Burmese Python caught in Miami-Dade County
- Court sides with Obama, Osama death photos can remain secret - for your own good
- Two Oklahoma men killed in tornadoes; Kansas, Iowa batten down for severe weather
- Supreme Court to decide if prayer before town meeting is permissible
- All survive terrifying plane 'belly landing' in Newark
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?