Obama says Romney ideas could help middle-class
President asks to meet and discuss ideas with Romney.
The election had hardly faded from the news, but Obama wants to pick Romney's brain for ideas on how to help the middle-class. In a move that baffles many, Obama said in a speech he'd like to sit down and talk to Romney.
"He presented some ideas during the course of the campaign that I actually agree with. And so it'd be interesting to talk to him about something like that." Obama added, "There may be ideas that he has with respect to jobs and growth that can help middle-class families that I want to hear."
Meanwhile, Romney advisers saw this as a concession that Romney may have had better ideas than the president. Romney made a conference call to donors and expressed concern that Obama made promises and "gifts" to the poor and minorities. "Those small things, by the way, add up to trillions of dollars."
Obama targeted the poor to help sway him into office when it became clear he was losing the middle-class vote.
Both sides staged a very strong and at times, personal campaign which may have left some lingering ill will behind. However, Obama made clear he was interested in Romney's ideas.
"'m not either prejudging what he's interested in doing, nor am I suggesting I've got some specific assignment.' Obama said. "But what I want to do is to is to get ideas from him and see if there are some ways that we can potentially work together."
In all, it's an interesting remark from a reelected president that the other guys may have had better ideas. Romney has not commented on if or when he wills it down with Obama to share those ideas.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Duck Dynasty and the GQ Interview of Phil Robertson: Rejecting Political Correctness
- Archbishop Nienstedt Voluntary Steps Aside After Allegation, Claims it is Absolutely and Entirely False
- Here Comes Polygamy: Utah Federal Judge Strikes Down Much of the Prohibition against Polygamy
- New York teachers make twice as much as those in South Carolina
- Abortion mill monster Kermit Gosnell gets 30 years
- Read the climactic open letter from Edward Snowden to Brazil
- 'SISTER WIVES:' Part of Utah's ban on polygamy struck down
- Religious Cleansing in the USA: Federal Judge Orders Mt. Soledad War Memorial Cross Be Torn Down
- David and Goliath: Radiance Foundation and Ryan Bomberger Defend Children, Stand Up to the NAACP
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?