Pigs eat man
Victim found hours later
Pigs are surprisingly intelligent creatures, and they can be vicious too. They are well known to have voracious appetites. Still, authorities in Riverton Oregon were surprised to find the remains of a farmer who was apparently eaten by the animals.
According to the family, Garner went out to feed the animals and was not seen afterwards for several hours. A concerned relative searched for him and located the remains.
At least one of the hogs had previously bit Garner.
Garner was known as an animal lover and he raised the pigs - actually giant hogs, often providing piglets to kids involved in 4-H projects. Several of the hogs in his pen weigh more than 700 lbs.
According to Garner's brother, Michael Garner, "He's an animal lover.he wouldn't sell them to eat or anything else." Michael Garner added, "He didn't just have pigs, he had all kinds of animals. People would drop by his house and just drop stuff off, and he'd take it in and raise it," he said. "He's a good guy. He's my little brother."
For now, authorities do not know if Garner became ill and collapsed, or if he suffered an accident.
It is also possible the hogs could have attacked him for some reason, or if his death could be the result of foul play.
While pigs are known to be dangerous, they rarely cause serious injury or death to humans.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action' to end global hunger
- David and Goliath: Radiance Foundation and Ryan Bomberger Defend Children, Stand Up to the NAACP
- Anti-Christian Persecution: Christians Forced out of Business in Colorado and New Mexico
- Mary, Our Lady of Quatlasupe - She who crushes the head of the serpent, is leading the New Evangelization
- HISTORICAL TREASURE: Shipwreck hunter finds 152-year-old Civil War-era ship in Lake Huron
- My Journey Home to the Church and to Penance, the Sacrament of Freedom
- Crisis pregnancy Centers: Heeding Pope Francis' Call to 'Accompany' Women Contemplating Abortion
- What happened to Roanoke's Lost Colony? New clues cast a mysterious light on an old legend
- Fr Paul Schenck: Immaculate Conception Tells us Who Mary Is and Who We Are
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?