New York City High Schools Dispensing 'Plan B' to 14 Year Old Girls is Social Lunacy
kind of "officious interloper" in the womb in some instances. In effect, the mother evicts her own child.
The Pontifical Academy wrote: "It is clear, therefore, that the proven "anti-implantation" action of the morning-after pill is really nothing other than a chemically induced abortion. It is neither intellectually consistent nor scientifically justifiable to say that we are not dealing with the same thing."
The U.S. Federal Government has unilaterally decided to define pregnancy as beginning at implantation not fertilization. They have now become the purveyor of a kind of new profane secular immorality posing as morality. Their sanctioning of what can be a lethal act seems intended to provide consolation to the woman who may be ejecting the very human life seeking to develop and grow within their womb
"Plan B" is one more weapon against life in the culture of death. It is also another sign of our moral decay. A culture comfortable with viewing persons as products to be used rather than unrepeatable gifts to be received from the Giver of all life views human life, when inconvenient, as something to be discarded.
In our foreign policy we understandably search the world for weapons of mass destruction before they can cause untold tragedy. Yet, in our domestic policy we seem eager to approve "pre-emptive" chemical concoctions for women - and now for girls. An agency of the most powerful government on the earth seems all too eager to equip children to possibly kill children.
As Christians, we proclaim the God who became Incarnate in the womb of a young woman; Jesus Christ, the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity. This Jesus walked the way of every human person at every stage of development throughout the continuum of human life. That included taking that extraordinary journey into the first home of the whole human race, his Mother's womb, and living it what was once the safest place on earth. Now, that once safe place is bombarded with chemical weapons.
Does it make sense to give 14 yr old girls a chemical weapon to ingest? This "emergency contraceptive", may result in the eviction of an embryonic human person. Even if it does not, does it send the correct signal about the dignity of every human life and about that girls own dignity? Does its distribution respect the role of parents and serve the common good? To dispense "Plan B" to 14 year old girls in High School is social lunacy.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Plan B, New York City, High Schools, Contraception, abortion, Nanny State, Anti-Life, culture war, parental rights, Deacon Keith Fournier
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- SHOCKING: Senator says IRS set to pay out $70 million in employee bonuses
- Agents think they'll find out what happened to Jimmy Hoffa - after 40 years
- Did Pocahontas save explorer John Smith here? Native American site of Werowocomoco fascinating regardless
- Poorly prepared teachers steering nation's classrooms
- Cheers Star: We Didn't Need Surveillance When We Were Kids - 'We Had God'
- IN SEARCH OF SUNKEN TREASURE: Divers plunge into Lake Michigan to search for 17th Century ship
- No-one Can Change the Truth About Fatherhood. Love Your Father. Be a Good Father
- Archbishop Chaput Cuts Through the Double Talk About Religious Liberty
- Courageous Cardinal George of Chicago Defends Marriage, Calls for Public Conversion
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?