Four-Year-old boy trained to be terrorist assassin
Horrifying video shows children as young as nine years old learning battlefield techniques
One of the first casualties of war - is children. A horrifying new video shows an innocent four-year-old boy being trained to use guns. The boy is just one of the latest "cub jihadists" recruited for bloody battle in Syria.
Suspected British Al Qaeda fighters in Syria have been circulating other images showing children being trained to use deadly weapons in a jihad training camp.
Posted on YouTube, the boy is believed to be that of a son of a jihadist from Albania who is one of thousands of foreigners fighting with Al Qaeda in Syria.
Help in the worldwide fight against malaria by going here --
Wearing a black ski mask, the boy can be seen firing shots from a black AK-47-style automatic assault rifle with a folding stock. So small in stature, the barrel of the gun has to be supported by a section of road block so that he can balance its weight.
The child opens fire to shouts of "Allahu Akbar," which is Arabic for "God is Greater," before an arm reaches down and retrieves the weapon.
The footage was removed from YouTube after it was exposed by an American-based "anti-jihad" activist who claimed it was evidence of child abuse. Footage remains in circulation on other online channels.
Suspected British Al Qaeda fighters in Syria have been circulating other images showing children being trained to use deadly weapons in a jihad training camp. Children, aged between nine and 15 are seen in full battle dress and wearing black ski masks bearing the distinctive logo of Al Qaeda.
Many were seen holding Kalashnikov automatic assault rifles, tripod-mounted heavy machine guns and rocket-propelled grenades.
The footage has added to an increasingly desperate atmosphere. Week-long peace talks have collapsed amid a stand-off between rebels and the Syrian government.
The delegation of President Bashar Assad has since refused to commit to return to United Nations negotiations in 10 days, as the opposition accused them of posturing and prolonging the bloodbath.
More than 130,000 people have been killed in Syria since March 2011. Activists claim 1,900 died during the peace talks --alone.
President Assad was pressed by his Russian backers to take part in the talks but could not engage toward finding a real solution because "he knows that would be his end," opposition chief Ahmad al-Jarba said.
"For us, [Assad\'s] family is finished from the memory of the Syrians; all that is left is blood, fire and terrorism. We will not accept for this man or anyone from his family to rule the country again."
Syrian Foreign Minister Walid al-Moallem had earlier said that "We are here to find a political solution. We were unable to achieve that."
United Nations mediator Lakhdar Brahimi said progress was "very slow indeed . Nevertheless, during our discussions, I observed a little bit of common ground - perhaps more than the two sides realize or recognize."
Pope Francis calls for your \'prayer and action\'...
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Middle East News
- Defiant Iranian women doff mandated head scarves
- Starvation used as weapon of war in Syria
- WARNING GRAPHIC: Supposed 'US spy' is crucified in Yemen
- Amazing Stone Age masks go on display in Jerusalem
- 3,300 year old Selfie? Silver earrings from Biblical era discovered in northern Israel
- Syria to replace Afghanistan as nation with highest refugee population
- New film draws attention to plight of Christians in the Middle East
- Latest death toll in Syrian civil war: More than 140,000
- Barrel bombs used in Aleppo send Syrians fleeing for their lives
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?