Under-aged Muslim girls seduced for sexual exploitation, abuse by gangs
Asian gangs use Muslim culture of family honor to sway young women into their clutches
Islam has highly stringent, conservative moral laws concerning the role of women and sexuality. This however has not prevented gangs of Asian men to seduce young Muslim girls into lives of sexual abuse, prostitution and exploitation - in fact, using some tenets of the Muslim faith to keep young women and girls into their nefarious clutches.
There has been a "deafening silence" surrounding this particular group of victims, as their cultural more stops many of these victims speaking out about sexual abuse and seeking help.
The Muslim Women's Network U.K. says that these sexually exploited young people are overlooked by authorities as they are too frightened to speak out.
According to the report, the majority of cases involving the exploitation of both Muslim and Asian girls begin with members of their own community. The men will ply these young women with drugs and alcohol, often with the promises of marriage to conceal the abuse.
Victims in these cases typically had a limited knowledge of sex, suffered from disabilities or were seeking to escape bad situation in their homes.
There has been a "deafening silence" surrounding this particular group of victims, as their cultural more stops many of these victims speaking out about sexual abuse and seeking help. The victims come from a culture where men hold all the authority and women are often forced to stay silent about their experiences, for fear of not being believed - or being ostracized by their community.
"When the family became aware of any abuse they re-victimized them, which meant not believing them, blaming them, forcing them into a marriage, forcing them to leave the family home and in one case forcing the victim to have hymen repair surgery prior to a forced marriage," the report reads.
The report identified how groups would target youngsters, typically using an older peer of the victim to play the role of "older boyfriend." The targeted girl is then presented with gifts by the "boyfriend," given rides in expensive cars with promises of love and marriage.
These gangs often rape and beat their victims, burning them with cigarettes, their tortures recorded on video equipment.
Blackmail is key way of controlling victims and ensuring their silence. These gangs threatened their victims with dishonor and shame should they speak up.
"These case studies indicate that, contrary to media studies that accuse Muslim men of grooming non-Muslim girls, the majority of the abusers were from the same ethnic /faith background as the victims and perpetrators targeted girls that were most vulnerable and accessible to them," MWNUK's co-founding member Baroness Haleh Afshar OBE says.
"Like their non-Muslim counterparts some of the victims were silenced by fear of violence against them or their family, others had an emotional attachment to their attackers and others feared that they would not be believed by their own family and others," she added.
An odious trend of Pakistani men grooming young white girls has recently come to light, according to a recent report from the United Kingdom.
Police, prosecutors and social workers must be able to raise the issue without fear of being accused of racism, the committee said, warning against stereotyping offenders as there is no straightforward link between race and child sexual exploitation.
Watch Catholic Online's most viral videos here!
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Asia Pacific News
- UN report on food an agriculture holds dire warning for the world
- Missing Malaysia plane was found to be hundreds of miles off course
- Disintegrated - in mid-air? Missing Malaysian plane mystery deepens
- Top Malaysia court delays ruling on use of 'Allah'
- Filipino Cardinal blasts Catholics for hypocrisy
- Chinese train massacre carried out by Islamist gang on 'Holy War' spree
- Pakistan feeling wages of sin; Drug addiction, AIDS rife is South Asian nation
- Indian economy slows in most recent quarter
- While Cambodia's poverty rate drops, many still struggle to survive
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?