George Alexander Louis is his name: 'George' being the odds on favorite for the royal baby
Announcement by Clarence House brought a real bashing for the bookies.
The baby's official name is His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge. After a few days of arduous decision making, William and Kate finally decided on George Alexander Louis, the name for the newborn third in line to the throne of England.
"The punters were right all along. They've taken us to the cleaners," a Ladbrokes spokesman said.
British bookies are now offering evens on the name George moving up from number 35 in the U.K.'s most popular baby names chart to become the top choice next year.
Both Wills and Kate, both 31 years of age, did not choose the names for any particular significance. According to an unidentified source, "they just liked the sound of them."
It's theorized that close family members may have had some input. The Queen met her new great-grandson for the first time at Kensington Palace this week.
Her Majesty smiled after spending half an hour with the latest tiny addition to the royal family. She is due go on holiday to Balmoral. It's rumored Wills and Kate may take the baby there for a long weekend sometime soon.
Another visitor at Kensington was 28-year-old Uncle Harry who dropped by to see his first nephew and offer his congratulations. The Apache pilot took leave from his base at Wattisham, Suffolk, to make the trip to London.
Kate's 29-year-old sister Pippa along with brother James along with Pippa's boyfriend 35-year-old Nico Jackson had already met the then-unnamed royal baby the night before.
They were waiting at Kensington Palace when William and Kate brought him home for the first time from St. Mary's Hospital in Paddington, Central London, on Tuesday evening.
After his hectic meet and greet session, little George was secured in his £80 Britax Baby-Safe car seat by his parents for his first family outing.
He was whisked away in a Range Rover to stay with Kate's parents Carole and Michael at the £4.7 million home in Bucklebury, Berks.
Fittingly, it's a Georgian mansion.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Europe News
- Pope Francis: Jesus Became Poor, So that by His Poverty You Might Become Rich
- DEFIANT RUSSIA: Leadership disregarding tough talk from Obama
- Long-lost pirate's treasure could be hidden off Irish coast
- British mom gets second opinion - and finds her unborn baby ALIVE, in spite of doctors
- Calling the Ecclesial Movements: Pope Francis Encourages Focolare, all the Movements, So Do We!
- Oops! Pope Francis accidentally mutters obscenity
- One rape or sexual assault reported by members of the Armed Forces - EVERY WEEK
- Pope Francis Writes to Families Seeking Prayer for the Synod on the Family
- After scandal, overseer gives Legion of Christ clean bill of health
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?