British soldier hacked to death in brazen attack by Islamic terrorists, stopped by prayerful, courageous women
Lee Rigby, veteran is murdered, terrorists in custody.
A brutal terrorist attack shocked London on Wednesday. Two knife and pistol wielding terrorists brutally attacked and slaughtered a soldier as he returned to his barracks in London. The killers were confronted by women and police before being shot and arrested. The government is on alert.
Eyewitnesses say after running down Rigby, two men, identified as Nigerian immigrants, emerged wielding knives and they proceeded to hack their victim to death, nearly beheading him.
The shocking attack prompted extreme bravery on part of eyewitnesses as three women immediately confronted the machete-wielding terrorists.
The first woman is known only as a "religious woman in her 50s" approached the attackers in the street and demanded to be allowed to sit with the murdered victim. She sat beside Rigby, presumably already dead, and prayed for him.
A second woman stands guard over the first and tries talking sense into the killers.
A third woman, identified as Ingrid Loyau-Kennett, a local Cub Scout leader, had some choice words for one of the terrorists who shouted "We want to start a war in London tonight."
"Right now it is only you versus many people. You are going to lose," she told them.
Three unarmed women faced down two armed Islamic terrorists brandishing machetes and a pistol and bent on "war" as bystanders looked on aghast, snapping photos and posting tweets. It took twenty minutes for police to arrive on scene, and the killers simply waited.
The killers were very brazen, strutting about the street, demonstrating to people and yelling "Allahu Akbar" (God is great) and other praises in Arabic.
When police arrived on scene, they took no chances. Confronted with armed Islamic terrorists, they promptly shot both men. Neither terrorist was killed, and both were taken into custody and taken to the hospital.
The attack prompted an immediate emergency meeting of government officials. Prime Minister David Cameron praised the words of Loyau-Kennitt, saying "She speaks for us all."
The victim, Lee Rigby was married in 2007 and the loving father of a two-year-old son. He was a veteran of Afghanistan and remembered fondly by his fellow soldiers. His mates said he had a "larger than life personality."
Sorrowful Londoners came from all around the barracks to lay flowers and pay their respects.
The terrorists are now in police custody and will be questioned when they recover. Meanwhile, Londoners want to know why the armed police response took twenty minutes, during which terrorists could have done much more harm.
The media is also seeking the identity of the woman who courageously and fearlessly prayed beside Rigby.
There is no evidence at this moment that London faces a specific and imminent, threat from Islamic terrorists.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Europe News
- El Papa: Si las palabras cristianas son palabras sin Cristo se recorre
- Christians of East and West Must Give Common Witness: Pope Francis Writes Patriarch Bartholomew
- Turkish churches get radical makeover - by being turned in to mosques
- Francis Xavier, Pope Francis and the Missionary Transformation of the Catholic Church
- Domestic abuse thrust into open in Greece
- Papa Francisco expresa su oración y solidaridad por víctimas de tragedia en Escocia
- Best-selling author links Jack the Ripper to Royal Family
- Con referéndum Croacia protege matrimonio entre hombre y mujer
- Fatima and the Conversion of Russia: Pope Francis Meets President Putin
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?