Hezbollah can reach Israel with missiles, report says
Reports says group has 60,000 missiles, posing very real threat to Israel
A startling newspaper report says that Hezbollah has long-range missiles pointed directly at Israel and can surprise Tel Aviv with its high capabilities. The newspaper Israel Hayom, in its special report, "Hezbollah 2013," claims that Hezbollah has 300 long-range missiles which bring all the occupied territories within the reach of its missiles.
The article says that Hezbollah can surprise Israel with its drones and take future conflicts to inside the occupied territories.
Israeli analyst Shimon Shabira was quoted as saying that Hezbollah has between 20,000 to 40,000 strong men, including skilled airborne personnel and well-trained divers, in addition to thousands of reserve forces who are ready to join the resistance movement if needed.
The article goes on to say that Hezbollah can surprise Israel with its drones and take future conflicts to inside the occupied territories.
Israel's former intelligence chief, Amos Yadlin, was quoted as saying that Israel should consider Hezbollah's missile capabilities as serious.
French journalist and author Thierry Meyssan said last December that Hezbollah's military capacities and capabilities against Israel have grown 400 times since the Tel Aviv's 33-day war on Lebanon back in 2006.
Meyssan wrote an article posted on Voltaire.net that Israeli intelligence services have acknowledged that the Lebanese resistance movement's capacity for bombing Israel's main cities has multiplied by four hundred.
In the event of a regional war, Meyssan said that the Israeli territory would be devastated in just few months.
There is a new balance of power between Israel and the resistance groups. In Israel's wars against Hezbollah and Palestinians from 2006 to 2012, it's evident that Israel's military might have considerably diminished since 2006.
While the attack on Lebanon in 2006 lasted 33 days, it took Israel 22 days to continue its raid on Gaza in 2009, and only eight days the Israeli military machine to attack Gaza Strip from air and sea.
During the war of 2006, 200,000 Israelis were obliged to hide in shelters to escape from Hezbollah retaliation. This time, they were 2,000,000 seeking shelter from Palestinian missiles.
During the recent eight-day war, the Palestinian resistance tested new missiles with a range of 120 kilometers. These missiles had no difficulty in penetrating the Iron Dome, which is only capable of intercepting primitive rockets.
Meyssan noted "if we put this capacity into perspective with that of Hezbollah from Lebanon, this means that all of Israel" is now within striking range.
Consequently, the Israeli defenses, based on "strategic depth" are now obsolete. "Israel can no longer be defended."
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Middle East News
- 'Tolerant' Muslims threaten holy war if Jews try to pray at site of ancient temple
- Embajador palestino en España se ofrece a cambio de liberación de doce religiosas en Siria
- HIV cases skyrocketing in Iran
- THIS OLD HOUSE: Amazing 10,000-year-old house uncovered in Israel
- Young girls and boys tortured and executed in Syrian civil war
- A VERY OLD TOAST! 3,700-year-old wine cellar found
- 5,000-year-old salt mines built by prehistoric men still in use today
- OOPS - OUR BAD! Syrian rebels mistakenly behead one of their own
- Massive vaccination effort to target 20 million Syrian children against polio
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?