Angry and defiant, Zubeidat Tsarnaeva insists she isn't a radical
Zubeidat Tsarnaeva is under investigation in Russia for networking with other suspected extremists.
The mother of the Boston terrorists, Zubeidat Tsarnaeva, became radicalized after reading on the internet that the 9/11 terror attacks were actually a government conspiracy. She has publicly ruled out the possibility of coming to the United States.
Zubeidat Tsarnaeva scowling during an interview with the press. Tsarnaeva denies that she is radicalized but believes 9/11 is a plot to make Americans hate Muslims because she read about it online.
Other evidence comes from Russian authorities who say that she was heard in a wiretap, vaguely discussing jihad with her son and talking to another figure who is under active FBI investigation in
Tsarnaeva was not always a conservative Muslim. Arriving from Russia in 2002, she attended school to become a beautician and worked in a suburban day spa.
However, in the past few years she appears to have adopted a version of Islam which is fundamentalist and possibly militant. Those who know her said she started wearing a hijab, working from home, and citing a website that claimed that 9/11 was a conspiracy.
Tsarnaeva claims she hasn't become radical, just more spiritual. She also claims that the media is portraying her and her family as terrorists. Of course, they weren't portrayed at all in the media before, except for her son, Tamerlan. Tamerlan was portrayed as a good boxer and an excellent athlete who loved his faith, but not as an extremist.
The terrorist label came only after her two sons detonated bombs at the Boston Marathon, killing three and wounding nearly 200 others, then leading police of a shootout that led to the death of a police officer, Tamerlan, and an unprecedented lock-down of the city of Boston. Tsarnaeva earned her label as a radical after evidence became public that she has been under suspicion from Russian authorities for radicalization and for discussing jihad.
It doesn't help that Tsarnaeva also faces charges back in the United States for shoplifting over $1,000 in merchandise from a clothing store.
While the family may have lived decently, even if poor and reliant on public assistance, it's what they have done in recent years that has cast dishonor upon their name.
According to an AP report, Tsarnaeva told a friend, Alyssa Kilzer, a onetime customer and blogger, that the 9/11 conspiracy was real. "it's real," Kilzer claims she said. "My son knows all about it. You can read it on the internet."
Tragically, this conspiracy theory seems to be the start of Tsarnaeva's radicalization.
The family continues to facer scrutiny as their surviving son remains in Federal custody at a secured hospital. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is known to have help his brother plant the bombs in Boston and told authorities that they were planning to detonate more in New York's Times Square.
Dzhokhar is no longer communicating with authorities, following the reading of his Miranda rights.
He has already confessed to his and his brother's role as the perpetrators in the bombings. Authorities are now working to ascertain if they were influenced or controlled by an outside, radical force.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Asia Pacific News
- Oh my! It's raining dead mice on Guam!
- Breastfeeding for infant survivors of Typhoon Haiyan urged
- Cradle baby scheme in India cuts female infanticide
- In spite of U.S. military occupation, opium production at all-time high in Afghanistan
- China launches first moon mission with unmanned lunar probe
- IS THIS PROGRESS? Adulterers may now be stoned in Afghanistan
- Earliest ever 'Buddhist shrine' uncovered by archaeologists
- For the world to see: Afghan mother shows acid attack burns
- 'Cookii monster' Lethal pink jellyfish rediscovered 100 YEARS after off Australian coast
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?