Zubeidat Tsarnaeva demonstrates why militant Islam is dangerous
Militant Islamists don't care who dies for their cause.
"If they are going to kill him. I don't care. My oldest son is killed, so I don't care. I don't care if my youngest son is going to be killed today. I want the world to hear this. And, I don't care if I am going to get killed too. And I will say Allahu Akbar!"
The quotation is a shocking insight into the reality behind militant Islam.
The time has come for the world to awaken and to realize that militant Islam isn't friendly. It's neither tolerant, nor peaceful. It is militant by nature and its adherents will kill you in your sleep on Christmas, if given half the chance.
Need proof? Watch the footage of the Boston Bombings, where the terrorist brothers deposited their explosive-laden backpacks right next to children.
It's people like the Tsarnaeva family that form the backbone of groups like the Taliban and Al Qaeda. They allow their children to be radicalized because they themselves are intolerant radicals. Nor are these people content in keeping to themselves, but they support financially, and even with their lives, extremists who go out and do the work of killing for them. They provide the infrastructure groups like the Taliban need to operate.
Militants who attack Christian churches in the heart of Pakistan can hardly blame the United States or Israel for their malcontent, yet they blame these people because they are not Muslim. In Pakistan, they also blame Hindus for their problems. In other parts of Southeast Asia such as Myanmar, the Buddhists are to blame according to the Muslims there.
Militant Islam is identical to Nazi hatred of the Jews in its dogma. Just as the Jews were unfairly scapegoated by the Nazis, so militant Islam scapegoats anything that is not of itself. Islam is the only religion that preachers militant intolerance of others in the modern age.
In western culture, irreverent, blasphemous artists make fun of Jesus Christ all the time. Yet, these people never need to fear for their lives. However, if anyone creates any depiction of the Prophet Mohammed, then they can count on being threatened. It does not even matter if they live in the free west. Militant Muslims will hunt them down and kill them if they can.
Militant Islam is the very strain that gives all Islam its poor reputation amongst the many. It's the reason why peaceful Muslims must appeal for calm in places like Boston. In a climate of fear, peaceful Muslims are sometimes treated harshly because many people don't understand that militant Islam is a subset of all Islam, and is not the same as all Islam. Militant Islam is the Westboro Baptist Church of Islam, however it has many more members, and they use bombs rather than signs to promote their message of intolerance.
Tragically, the militant Islamists steal the news. In Pakistan, they clash with Christians. In Afghanistan, they clash with Americans and allied troops as well as Afghan security forces. In countries like Iran and Saudi Arabia, their systems of justice are widely regarded as barbaric and their hatred of Israel is legendary.
In Syria, Assad, although hardly a militant Islamist, says he wouldn't even attack Israel with chemical weapons. Way to support the public image, Assad.
Saudi Arabia operates resort prisons for convicted terrorists.
In Egypt, the government of Mohammed Morsi allows rampaging radicals to attack Christian Coptic cathedrals. In Tunisia, women disappear because they ask for freedom.
In other African countries, militant Islamists seek to carve out independent theocracies in places such as Somalia, Mali, and Nigeria. They carry our weekly attacks that eclipse the bombings in Boston by orders of magnitude.
Across Europe and the western world, militant Islamists are asking for Sharia law in place of secular law.
It makes sense. These are people who interpret the Quran to give them a mandate to convert the world and to do so by force, if required. They have no problem with death, either theirs or yours.
There is no place for militant Islamists in modern, civil society, just as there has been no place in civil society for militant Christians for at least many decades.
People like the Tsarnaevas are a genuine threat to the rest of society. People who go on record saying they do not care who dies for their religion, need to be restrained from harming themselves or others. Militant Islam is a significant threat and it must be addressed, before it strikes again.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Middle East News
- WARNING GRAPHIC: Supposed 'US spy' is crucified in Yemen
- Amazing Stone Age masks go on display in Jerusalem
- 3,300 year old Selfie? Silver earrings from Biblical era discovered in northern Israel
- Syria to replace Afghanistan as nation with highest refugee population
- New film draws attention to plight of Christians in the Middle East
- Latest death toll in Syrian civil war: More than 140,000
- Barrel bombs used in Aleppo send Syrians fleeing for their lives
- Only Catholic Church appears able to aid starving population of Homs, Syria
- Demolition of Palestinian homes spikes on eve peace negotiations
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?