Terrifying video shows Taliban's boy martyrs - some as young as age five
Video shows young boys being trained to fight and die.
Al Qaeda has filmed boys training to wage jihad. The children are as young as age five. A series of still images from the video, filmed in the Waziristan region shows boys training with AK-47 rifles and machine guns.
Waziristan is on the border between Afghanistan and Pakistan and these boys are being trained to fight for the Taliban. By training the boys from youth, they will have well-conditioned and trained fighters to wage the next generation of warfare against American and allied troops.
It is rare in world history that children are taught to wage warfare, but in cases where it is done, it yields lethal results. Those children grow up and enter combat with a level of veterans that can be deadly to their opponents. Even highly-trained American soldiers will find it difficult to handle such fighters.
Fortunately, the United States has been fighting successfully against the Taliban insurgency for some time, relying on superior firepower and technology to maintain the advantage in the field.
Still, a soldier trained from childhood to fight, and if necessary, die in combat or a suicide bombing, is a dangerous thing.
The video, which was shot by Al Qaeda, surfaced on a jihadist website maintained by the Turkistan Islamic Party. The video shows boys lined up in a row, firing AK-47s, pistols, and at one point, a boy firing a Soviet-manufactured machine gun.
According to the video, many of the children are orphans whose fathers have already died in combat.
The Taliban flourish in the tribal regions of Afghanistan, and more recently in Pakistan, where they have found some refuge from allied operations. Ultimately, while the Taliban may not be the only political entity in the region, it is certainly the most militant and dominant. The Taliban hope to create a hard-line Islamic state in both Pakistan and Afghanistan, at least in the tribal regions.
The problem of course, is that they also train and harbor terrorists who will leave the region o wage jihad against the United States, Israel, and their allies. This leave the world with little choice but to suppress their dominance, which typically creates yet more orphans and martyrs.
View the video here (scroll down).
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Middle East News
- More than 100,000 Ethiopians expelled from Saudi Arabia
- Free the Nuns of St. Thekla! Pope, Orthodox Leaders Urge Prayer for Kidnapped Nuns in Syria
- 'Tolerant' Muslims threaten holy war if Jews try to pray at site of ancient temple
- Embajador palestino en España se ofrece a cambio de liberación de doce religiosas en Siria
- HIV cases skyrocketing in Iran
- THIS OLD HOUSE: Amazing 10,000-year-old house uncovered in Israel
- Young girls and boys tortured and executed in Syrian civil war
- A VERY OLD TOAST! 3,700-year-old wine cellar found
- 5,000-year-old salt mines built by prehistoric men still in use today
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?