Video of starving North Korean boy goes viral
Video shot under extreme danger.
A video surreptitiously shot in North Korea and across the border from China, has gone viral and exposes the horrors of North Korea that the regime doesn't want you to see. The film shows, among other things, a 10-year-old-boy starving to death on the street.
Starving children huddled in a window in North Korea. This is typical for those living in the countryside.
The video was published online by the Mirror, a British news agency.
As the report says, "This is the real North Korea."
The report explains how and why the footage was captured and what daily life is like for ordinary people within the country. Millions of people live near starvation, and children orphaned by misfortune or their parent's imprisonment, often die from malnutrition.
Survivors of the regime tell of capricious guards that can be bribed as easily as they murder. Food is used as leverage to control starving people. Some people have even resorted to cannibalism. Those who are caught are put to death.
Citizens and soldiers alike can be killed for even perceived infractions.
The video shows a young boy sitting on the street, starving to death. The person filming the scene was alerted to the boy and his condition. While he starves, soldiers unload sacks of rice to feed an army. Citizens walk by without a thought, barely able to feed themselves.
In another part of the video, prisoners are seen performing forced labor, including digging crops and carrying burdens under the watch of armed guards.
In a final frame of the video, the photographer is caught, and a North Korean border guard takes aim. The photographer is only saved by his presence across the border in China, and possibly his immediate flight.
You can view the video here, on the Mirror's website.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Africa News
- Obianuju Ekeocha on World AIDS Day - The Condom and the Killer Virus
- Hoping to boost trade, Kenya launches $13.8 billion China-built railway
- Goodbye Islam - Angola orders all mosques shut down in Islamic ban
- Protests in Angola erupt after deaths of anti-government activists
- Smartphones to bring a $300bn boost to Africa GDP
- Obianuju Ekeocha Calls out Melinda Gates for Turning up the Heat of Population Control in Africa
- Eyes on Malawi: Help Protect the Life and Dignity of African Women and Children!
- Two Americans feared kidnapped off Africa's west coast from Mystery Ship
- Gunmen took phone calls, stopped to pray during Nairobi mall attack
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?