Jihadist terrorists proclaim imminent attacks on U.S. soil
Jihadists promise shocking attacks on U.S., allies.
A jihadist website is promising more attacks against the U.S. and France, as well as allies, saying the attacks will be "shocking." Jihadists expressed their threats in a post entitled "Map of al Qaeda and its future strikes," on the well known website, Ansar Al Mujahidin.
The post also threatens other nations, ""Where will the next strike by al Qaeda be? The answer for it, in short: The coming strikes by al Qaeda, with God's Might, will be in the heart of the land of nonbelief, America, and in France, Denmark, other countries in Europe, in the countries that helped and are helping France, and in other places that shall be named by al Qaeda at other times."
The post also adds the attacks will include groups, lone wolves, and car bombs.
They will be "strong, serious, alarming, earth-shattering, shocking and terrifying," the post promises.
Intelligence and government officials are taking the threat seriously because Ansar Al-Mujahedin has been a credible source of information in the past.
Since 9-11, U.S. officials have been successful in dismantling al-Qaeda and preventing subsequent attacks on American soil. However, officials fear that it is only a matter of time before a determined al-Qaeda attacker achieves some kind of success.
Meanwhile, the U.S. continues to conduct aggressive counter-terrorism operations around the world, frequently killing al-Qaeda and other terror group leaders in drone strikes. Although the strikes are controversial because they violate international sovereignty, they are also regarded as necessary by counter-terrorism officials who say that without them, these terrorists would evade justice.
For now, Americans are asked to remain vigilant and to report suspicious activity to the authorities. While there is little reason to believe an attack is imminent, it should be clear that al-Qaeda is serious in their intentions.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Middle East News
- WARNING GRAPHIC: Supposed 'US spy' is crucified in Yemen
- Amazing Stone Age masks go on display in Jerusalem
- 3,300 year old Selfie? Silver earrings from Biblical era discovered in northern Israel
- Syria to replace Afghanistan as nation with highest refugee population
- New film draws attention to plight of Christians in the Middle East
- Latest death toll in Syrian civil war: More than 140,000
- Barrel bombs used in Aleppo send Syrians fleeing for their lives
- Only Catholic Church appears able to aid starving population of Homs, Syria
- Demolition of Palestinian homes spikes on eve peace negotiations
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?