Jihadist terrorists proclaim imminent attacks on U.S. soil
Jihadists promise shocking attacks on U.S., allies.
A jihadist website is promising more attacks against the U.S. and France, as well as allies, saying the attacks will be "shocking." Jihadists expressed their threats in a post entitled "Map of al Qaeda and its future strikes," on the well known website, Ansar Al Mujahidin.
Terrorists have pledged more attacks against the U.S. and our allies.
The post also threatens other nations, ""Where will the next strike by al Qaeda be? The answer for it, in short: The coming strikes by al Qaeda, with God's Might, will be in the heart of the land of nonbelief, America, and in France, Denmark, other countries in Europe, in the countries that helped and are helping France, and in other places that shall be named by al Qaeda at other times."
The post also adds the attacks will include groups, lone wolves, and car bombs.
They will be "strong, serious, alarming, earth-shattering, shocking and terrifying," the post promises.
Intelligence and government officials are taking the threat seriously because Ansar Al-Mujahedin has been a credible source of information in the past.
Since 9-11, U.S. officials have been successful in dismantling al-Qaeda and preventing subsequent attacks on American soil. However, officials fear that it is only a matter of time before a determined al-Qaeda attacker achieves some kind of success.
Meanwhile, the U.S. continues to conduct aggressive counter-terrorism operations around the world, frequently killing al-Qaeda and other terror group leaders in drone strikes. Although the strikes are controversial because they violate international sovereignty, they are also regarded as necessary by counter-terrorism officials who say that without them, these terrorists would evade justice.
For now, Americans are asked to remain vigilant and to report suspicious activity to the authorities. While there is little reason to believe an attack is imminent, it should be clear that al-Qaeda is serious in their intentions.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Terrorists, jihad, ansal al-mujahidin, France, mali, website
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Middle East News
- Where is President Obama as Egypt's Coptic Christians Die and Churches Burn?
- Israel and Syria at brink of war as both sides exchange fire, threats
- Elements of Syrian opposition feared to be aligned with al-Qaeda
- You'll be surprised to see what Palestinians are smuggling into Gaza
- Use Twitter, go to HELL
- As death and destruction rain down in Syria, refugees flee with lives to Jordan
- Hezbollah can reach Israel with missiles, report says
- Did intervention in Iraq unjustly discriminate against the Christians there?
- With Hezbollah statement, Syrian conflict threatens to spread into multinational conflict
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?