The Heart's Witness Against Muhammad: The Quartering of Umm Qirfa
virtue, would find such behavior abhorrent, against both the letter and the spirit of the natural moral law. But he who has been taught that Muhammad is the perfect man, al-insan al-kamil, and the uswatun hasanatun, the "good example," will be corrupted by a positive falsehood. Muhammad is bad for the conscience.
The Muslim will be told all his life, "Allah and his messenger know best," the natural law notwithstanding. And without the light of reason or without the light of the Gospel both of which are denied him by the same shari'a which misinforms him, our poor Muslim will have a difficult time ever getting out of the dark dungeon that his culture and religious forbearers, including his beloved self-acclaimed prophet, have put him. He would have to learn to open some gates, and close others. And to do that he would have to learn that such gates even exist.
It is said that the Muslims sealed the Golden Gate in the city of Jerusalem's eastern city walls because it was foretold by the prophet Ezekiel that the Messiah would enter through that gate. In a similar manner, the Muslim has bricked up that part of his heart through which that first grace, the natural law, enters: reason. Before he can accept Christ, the Messiah, he will have to dislodge those rocks that block his access to the first grace, the natural law. He would have to close the gates of jihad and reject the example of Muhammad which leads to and justifies such atrocities as the quartering of Umm Qirfa.
Yet he will have to open other gates than the gates of reason:
Lift up your heads, ye gates; yea, lift up, ye everlasting doors, and the King of glory shall come in. (Psalm 24:9)
Who is the King of Glory?
To recognize the King of Glory, you will have to pull out the stones that plug up the openings of your heart to the natural moral law, brother Muslims! The King of Glory went into Jerusalem not in his dreams on a horse called al-Buraq, but on the foal of an ass. The King of Glory was not welcomed with swords of war, but rather with the palm fronds of peace. The King of Glory did not die in his bed, perhaps as a result of poisoned goat meat, but on the cross, crucified by sinful men.
Open up the gates of your hearts to the cross of Christ and close the gates of your heart to the sword of Muhammad. For it is not the sword that lifts one up, but the cross that does, the cross which is the law of Christians. He who lives by Muhammad's sword, dies by that sword, and enters into eternal death. That is not what God desires for you.
(This article is adapted from the book written by the author entitled, The Heart's Witness Against Muhammad: Why the Natural Law Proves Muhammad False.)
Andrew M. Greenwell is an attorney licensed to practice law in Texas, practicing in Corpus Christi, Texas. He is married with three children. He maintains a blog entirely devoted to the natural law called Lex Christianorum. You can contact Andrew at email@example.com.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Muhammad, murder, fifth commandment, Umm Qirfa, Andrew M. Greenwell, Esq.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Middle East News
- Israel and Syria at brink of war as both sides exchange fire, threats
- Elements of Syrian opposition feared to be aligned with al-Qaeda
- You'll be surprised to see what Palestinians are smuggling into Gaza
- Use Twitter, go to HELL
- As death and destruction rain down in Syria, refugees flee with lives to Jordan
- Hezbollah can reach Israel with missiles, report says
- Did intervention in Iraq unjustly discriminate against the Christians there?
- With Hezbollah statement, Syrian conflict threatens to spread into multinational conflict
- Chemical weapons in Syria - Did they or didn't they?
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?