Islamic terrorists from Mexico infiltrating U.S. for next attack
Hezbollah cells active in Mexico, are sneaking into the US.
Terrorists are using Mexico as a staging area and entry point into the US for terrorist attacks. Representative Sue Myrick (R - NC) is asking the Obama administration to investigate the apparent problem.
The ties are blatant. Earlier this year, an Iranian operative was arrested for plotting to assassinate a Saudi Arabian diplomat in Washington. The would-be killer had hired Mexican cartel assassins to assist him. He was only one of several people who have been arrested both in the US and Mexico with ties to Iran and Hezbollah.
Despite obvious connections like these, Myrick says the Department of Homeland Security still refuses to properly investigate the matter.
That Hezbollah is working to establish secret bases of support in Mexico and South America is no secret. In 2010, the Tucson Police Department even issued a brief on the groups and the threat they pose to local security.
Mexican drug cartels are routinely busted with high-powered weapons including assault rifles and rocket launchers that have passed through the Middle East. The weapons are coming from somewhere, and that somewhere appears to be Lebanon and Iran.
In 2009, a Mexican newspaper, "The Diario de Quintnna Roo" even published a report that Hezbollah cells were using drug trafficking routes to reach the US.
What this means is that terrorists are staging themselves in Mexico, pairing with the cartels, and in exchange for guns and money, are being smuggled into the US with drug shipments.
While the drugs are dangerous and should also be stopped, they are consumed by choice and primarily harm users. However, the terrorists that are hitching rides with the shipments are a danger to all because they attack indiscriminately.
Perhaps most dangerous of all is the reluctance of the Department of Homeland Security to investigate the matter fully and to strengthen our borders.
Unfortunately, border security is a hot-button campaign issue and neither candidate can afford to alienate voters who are opposed to increased border enforcement. Many of those voters see border enforcement as a race-based issue and one that can directly affect the lives of their loved ones.
Many voters do not realize that the issue of border security is also a matter of national security and that the next successful terrorist attack on American soil may very well have a Mexican connection. If that happens, there's no telling how the government and the citizens of the US may react.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Americas News
- Leftists protest privatization of oil in Mexico
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize the sale of marijuana
- Argentina: Ante violencia por conflicto policial, Arzobispo alienta verdad y justicia social
- Estado de Coahuila en México defiende la vida y rechaza el aborto
- Cuba: Mientras Obama saluda a Raúl Castro, policías agreden a miembros del MCL
- Tras brutal atentado, Iglesia en Colombia pide a FARC cese al fuego definitivo
- Sebastián Piñeira: 'Lo correcto y sabio' es defender la vida y oponerse al aborto
- Fútbol: Cardenal Cipriani y Parma de Italia juntos en pro de niños pobres de Manchay
- The evil pit of despair that awaits illegal immigrants deported to Tijuana
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?