Year of Faith Pilgrimage to Italy - The Happy Priest Extends an Invitation
A pilgrimage to Rome and the shrines of Italy is a perfect way to celebrate the Year of Faith.
I have six places left for our tour.
We are leaving from Houston, Texas on June 5 and returning on June 14. No matter where you are located you can join us in Houston or meet us in Frankfurt, Germany where we take a plane for Venice, Italy.
Venice is the first city of Italy that we will visit. After Venice, we will visit Padua, Florence, Siena, Assisi, Orvieto and then we will spend three days in Rome.
The highlight of the trip will be the General Audience with our new Holy Father, Pope Francis.
Rome is the center of our Catholic Faith. It is where Saint Peter, Saint Paul and so many martyrs gave the supreme witness of their lives for the Faith. It is the home of great saints, beautiful basilicas and churches. It is the city where every Catholic needs to visit at least once.
This special pilgrimage coincides with the Year of Faith proclaimed by Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI to remember the fiftieth anniversary of the beginning of the Second Vatican Council and the twentieth anniversary of the publication of the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
This journey to Rome and to the shrines of Italy also coincides with the twenty-fifth anniversary of my ordination to the priesthood.
I was ordained in Rome, on December 24, 1987 and I celebrated my first Mass the following day at Saint Mary Major, a magnificent second century basilica dedicated to the Blessed Mother.
Saint Mary Major is part of our trip and I will be celebrating Mass there at the same altar where I celebrated my first Mass twenty-five years ago.
Moses Khano of Inspirational Tours and his staff have a remarkable reputation for putting together affordable and superbly organized pilgrimages that thousands of people have enjoyed for many years.
The cost of the ten day trip is $3,090.00. The price includes everything except lunch and tips.
If you would like to join me, or if you need more information please call Inspirational Tours at (713) 961 - 2785.
Father James Farfaglia is a contributing writer for Catholic Online You can visit him on the web at www.fatherjames.org.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Year of Faith News
- Reflection on the Catholic Catechism: Understanding the Bible
- Christ the King, the Year of Faith and the Catholic Counterculture
- The Bones of Peter, the Successor of Peter: Close of the Year of Faith
- Fr Randy Sly on Becoming a House of Prayer
- Jesus Weeps and Offers the Path to Peace
- The Kingdom of God is Among You. What Did Jesus Mean?
- Year of Faith: Bringing the Feast of the Presentation of Mary to Life
- WEDNESDAY HOMILY: Our Lady's Encouragement
- Tuesday Homily: Conversion and Perseverance in the Life of Faith
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?
China bans Bitcoins
Trendy virtual currency disallowed by China
Called to action
Filipino Catholics exhorted to battle corruption
Nun saved Francis' life
Savvy nun save future pope with medical dosage
Libya takes oil hit
Many oil fields still under militia command
Off limits to some
Top hospitals excluded from Obamacare
Child soldiers in CAR
Deteriorating nation forcing more kids into army
Global warming? SO?
Many new opportunities for development
Roanoke's lost colony
Disappearance continues to mystify the world
Many doctors opting out in California
Revealed to public
Area 51 hangar finally open for world to see
A success -- of sorts --
Obamacare success won't be roundly celebrated
South Africa remembers
Funeral date declared for Nelson Mandela
Drug to battle hepatitis C approved by FDA
New moon mission
Commercial firm plans to mine the moon