MONDAY HOMILY: Learning Through Silence
Times New Roman">
"To live, grow, and persevere in the faith until the end we must nourish it with the word of God; we must beg the Lord to increase our faith; it must be 'working through charity,' abounding in hope, and rooted in the faith of the Church" (Catechism of the Catholic Church, no. 162).
If we find ourselves in darkness and doubt, let us move towards the light. The light of God radiating from his eternal Son envelops the Christmas feast, only one day away. By staying close to Christ, we will find the source of our faith, the fulfillment of our understanding, and love without limit. And Mary will be at his side.
Fr. Stephen B. Reynolds is pastor of St. Theresa Catholic Church in Sugar Land, TX, a suburb of Houston. You may visit the parish website at: www.SugarLandCatholic.com.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Zechariah, Gabriel, Benedictus, John the Baptist, Year of Faith, Daily Homily, Gospel of Luke, St. Theresa Sugar Land, Fr. Stephen B. Reynolds
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Year of Faith News
- SUNDAY HOMILY: The Happy Priest - Come Holy Spirit
- Peter and John, Two Pillars and Two Paths
- We Need a New Pentecost: Come Holy Spirit, Come With Your Fire!
- FRIDAY HOMILY: Follow Me
- THURSDAY HOMILY: Father, May they Be One. Do We Pray and Work for Christian Unity?
- WEDNESDAY HOMILY: The Holy Spirit Coaches our Interior to Fight
- TUESDAY HOMILY: The Response of Faith to Scandalous Infidelity
- Toward Pentecost: St Cyril of Jerusalem on The Living Water of the Holy Spirit
- MONDAY HOMILY: Take courage, I have overcome the world
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?