Homeschooling is on the rise, according to study
A recent report shows that homeschooling is on the rise.
Although the U.S. education system is trying to improve test scores and the learning system, there is still disappointment in parents. Because of this a number of parents have got an eye for homeschooling their children.
The report also shows that children taught at homes are placing higher on standardized tests and college placements than kids who attend public schools. In most public schools, students average around 50%, while students who are taught at home average from 65-89% on assessment tests. Also disproving the common thought that teaching your kids at home will prevent them from being social, the National Home Education Research Institute survey shows that students educated at home are actually more socially active that children who have many social events.
The survey also states that homeschooled children show "healthy psychological, emotional, and social development, and success into adulthood."
It is believed, by Dr. Brian Ray and many other researchers, that, in the next decade, there will be a huge increase in the percent of children that are homeschooled
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Homeschooling News
- Homeschooling 101: Tips and Tricks of the Trade
- Answering The Question About Why You School Your Children At Home
- What is Your Vocation?
- SUMMER SOLUTION - Road trip to the museum!
- SUMMER SOLUTION - Lemonade stand!
- SUMMER SOLUTION - Keep kids occupied creating these educational games
- A Catholic Home School Mom Recommends a Summer Reading List for Children
- SUMMER SOLUTION - Backyard camping trip!
- SUMMER SOLUTION - Catholic Online's summer reading list for kids!
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?