Not Again! Barilla pasta under fire after anti-gay remarks
Once again, food is the latest battleground for homosexual equivelancy movement.
An Italian pasta maker is giving a lot of people another reason to buy his products. The chairman of Barilla pasta took a stand for traditional family values saying he would never feature a "homosexual family" in his advertising.
Homosexuals are angry because Barilla will not let them hijack the brand as a battleground for their movement.
During an interview with an Italian radio station, Guido Barilla told listeners "I would never do (a commercial) with a homosexual family, not for lack of respect but because we don't agree with them. Ours is a classic family where the woman plays a fundamental role."
Barilla, 55, is the chairman of the Barilla pasta company which sells its products in stores around the world, including in the United States.
His comments sparked an immediate backlash with same-sex attracted lobbies calling for a boycott of his pasta products.
Yet, Barilla has a long history of providing quality pasta products and its advertising is a significant part of its brand. That advertising almost always depicts a traditional family living in the Italian countryside.
Barilla also has the right to choose its brand image.
Despite this obvious fact, the homosexual equivalency movement is up in arms because they cannot hijack the Barilla brand for their message.
The Barilla company has issued a statement of apology for the remarks, but defended their position that a man and a woman each play a central role in the family.
Click here to learn about our Saint Michael the Archangel conference this Nov 1-3!
© 2013, Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Home & Food News
- TOO SPICY! Sriracha factory in California ordered to shut down due to smells
- A most unwelcome surprise to a midday treat: DEADLY Spiders found in banana by British family
- TASTY TREAT: Fat, skin, connective tissue, blood vessels, nerves, bone fragments
- Not Again! Barilla pasta under fire after anti-gay remarks
- Asia Pacific region wastes food - as millions go hungry
- What your favorite ice cream flavor says about you: You may be surprised!
- SHOCKING REVELATION: French fries are not from France
- Low-calorie, gluten-free, high-protein quinoa dies quick death in U.S.
- Nations struggling to keep crops growing during climate change
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?