SUMMER SOLUTION - Homemade ice cream in 5 minutes!
Try one of these recipes to make your own delicious ice cream flavors!
Did you know your kids can make their own ice cream in just five minutes? Ice cream makes a great summer treat and the fun of making your own gives kids an experience they'll remember. Try this simple recipe.
1 package frozen fruit (it must be frozen)
½ cup sugar
2/3 cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla
Combine the fruit, sugar, cream and vanilla in a blender until it reaches the consistency of soft ice cream. Following this, it's ready to eat, or you may freeze it for later. Freezing it will make the mixture harden and give a more natural, ice cream consistency.
Alternative recipe for kids:
As an alternative, kids can make their own using this recipe.
1 tbsp sugar
½ cup of either milk, half and half, or heavy cream
¼ tsp vanilla
6 tbsp rock salt
1 Ziploc bag (small size, sealable)
1 large Ziploc bag (1 gallon size, sealable)
½ gallon quantity of ice cubes
Start by filling the large plastic bag half-full with ice cubes. Add the rock salt. Seal this bag while you prepare the smaller one.
Next, put your milk or cream into the small bag along with the sugar and vanilla. Seal this bag. Unseal the large bag and put in the small. Now reseal the large bag.
Shake the bag for five minutes. This is a great job for a kid, just make sure you supervise and that the bag isn't too heavy.
After five minutes of shaking, the small bag should have your ice cream ready to eat! A ½ cup of milk or cream should make 1 scoop of ice cream. Add more if you want to make more, but understand that adding to the measures also makes a larger project. Only older kids will be able to manage shaking a larger bag without making a mess.
Also, this recipe can be flavored with chocolate syrup, frozen fruit (blended) or any other flavoring. Feel free to experiment and try your own flavors!
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Home & Food News
- TOO SPICY! Sriracha factory in California ordered to shut down due to smells
- A most unwelcome surprise to a midday treat: DEADLY Spiders found in banana by British family
- TASTY TREAT: Fat, skin, connective tissue, blood vessels, nerves, bone fragments
- Not Again! Barilla pasta under fire after anti-gay remarks
- Asia Pacific region wastes food - as millions go hungry
- What your favorite ice cream flavor says about you: You may be surprised!
- SHOCKING REVELATION: French fries are not from France
- Low-calorie, gluten-free, high-protein quinoa dies quick death in U.S.
- Nations struggling to keep crops growing during climate change
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?