Fantastic Apple Oatmeal Cookie recipe
Become a great cookie maker with this recipe!
This recipe is very similar to Mrs. Fields'® Apple Oatmeal Cookies. Follow the simple recipe to make some of the most delicious cookies you will ever taste. Satisfaction is guaranteed.
Yield: 48 servings
2 1/2 c Flour
1 c Quick oats (not instant)
1/2 ts Salt
1 ts Soda
1 ts Cinnamon
1/4 ts Cloves
2 ts Grated lemon zest
1 c Dark brown sugar, packed
3/4 c Butter
1 lg Egg
1/2 c Unsweetened applesauce
1/2 c Honey
1 c Fresh apple, peeled and finely chopped (1 med apple)
1 c Raisins (6 oz)
1/2 c Quick oats
Preheat oven to 300*F.
In a medium bowl combine flour, oats, salt, soda, cinnamon, cloves and lemon zest. Mix well and set aside. Cream sugar and butter together in a large bowl using an electric mixer. Add egg, applesauce and honey and beat at medium speed until smooth. Add the flour mixture, fresh apple and raisins, and blend at low speed until just combined. Dough will be quite soft. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets, 1 1/2 inches apart. If you wish, sprinkle cookies with oats. Bake 23-25 minutes or until bottoms are golden.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lord’s invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Home & Food News
- Got a sweet tooth? Keep sugar intake down to six teaspoons daily, WHO says
- Student-led project gives breakfast to 1,500 at homeless shelters
- Under great pressure, Subway Sandwiches will stop using - 'special ingredient'
- ANY SURPRISE? United States fails to make Top 20 lists when it comes to healthy diets
- California project aiding 'motel kids' seeks global expansion
- It's official: Carolina Reaper peppers are the hottest on Earth
- TOO SPICY! Sriracha factory in California ordered to shut down due to smells
- A most unwelcome surprise to a midday treat: DEADLY Spiders found in banana by British family
- TASTY TREAT: Fat, skin, connective tissue, blood vessels, nerves, bone fragments
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?