Taiwan rallies against gay marriage, gays still demand government bend to their will
The family unit is one of the most sacred tenets of Taiwanese culture.
The people of Taiwan are rallying against a proposal to allow gays to marry and adopt children in that country. Homosexual equivalency advocates, as part of a global movement, are asking for the government to recognize homosexual unions as marriage and permit same-sex partners to adopt children.
The presidential office has proposed a referendum vote to be put to the people, but homosexual equivalency advocates are opposed to the referendum process since the clear majority of Taiwanese people are in favor of traditional marriage and families.
Last November, a virtual army of 200,000 people marched in defense of traditional marriage before the presidential offices.
No political party in Taiwan is speaking publicly in opposition to homosexuals per se, however they are against changing laws in a way which will strike directly at the family unit, a unit that is sacred in Taiwanese culture.
Protesters carried signs indicating that children can only be produced from unions between men and women, suggesting that homosexual unions are not natural and cannot form the basis of family.
Still homosexual equivalency advocates will not be deterred. They are demanding the government set aside traditional culture, natural moral law, and long accepted values and accommodate their desires immediately, unnatural or not.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Marriage & Family News
- How Republicans won the fight over abortion in Texas
- Love begins at birth: Newborn baby doesn't want to be separated from mom after birth
- AFRICAN-AMERICAN HOLOCAUST: 72 percent of the babies aborted in Mississippi are black
- Teenage survivors of sexual abuse, incest must address long kept secrets
- More black babies being aborted than being born in New York City
- Woman sends 100 tweets in an hour about her abortion
- Loneliness has strong impact on premature death
- Planned Parenthood agrees to pay $2 million in fatal abortion procedure
- Women's rights activist Reggie Littlejohn among 'Top 10' of Vatican magazine
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?