United States, Holland and Britain are the largest providers of pornography in the world
U.S. has a 60 percent share and Holland comes in second at 26 percent
Once only available in rundown bookstores in inner cities, the most explicit pornography is now available with the few clicks of a computer keyboard. A world league table has revealed the countries which view the most pornography - little surprise, the United States leads the pack, with the much smaller nations of Holland and Great Britain coming in at second and third.
Once only available in rundown bookstores in inner cities, the most explicit pornography is now available with the few clicks of a computer keyboard.
The Netherlands, notorious for its stand on "personal freedoms" host over a quarter of the porn, with 1.8 million domains carrying an astonishing 187 million pages of porn.
The smaller U.K. hosts 52 million pages of porn, behind only the U.S. and Holland. The U.K. is home to 512,000 domains hosting 52 million pages of porn.
The U.K. hosts 52 million pages of porn, behind only the U.S and Holland. The global leaders in porn are the U.S., taking a 60 percent share of global internet pornography.
Germany follows behind at fourth with a 1.16 percent share accounting for eight million pages of porn spread over 80,000 domains.
The Top 10 Countries Where Porn Web Sites are hosted reads thusly:
1. United States
3. United Kingdom
9. British Virgin Islands
10. Czech Republic
While Germany has more than double the U.K.'s web hosting capacity, the U.K. has more than six times the amount of porn pages.
A breakdown of hosting of porn Web sites by state shows that two thirds of all U.S. porn sites are hosted in California.
The U.K. is believed to be the ninth most connected country in the world in terms of the number of internet users.
A call for restrictions on registering pornographic Web sites on Britain's national domain has been called for by John Carr, a government adviser on child Internet safety.
"My beef has always been about the ease with which children can be exposed to it or can access it," Carr wrote on his blog.
"Thus, if the Germans can insist that hard core porn publishers on their territory must tie the supply of such content to an age verification process, couldn't we try something similar?"
The data was compiled by California-based filtering company MetaCert December 2011 through August 2013.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lord’s invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Marriage & Family News
- How Republicans won the fight over abortion in Texas
- Love begins at birth: Newborn baby doesn't want to be separated from mom after birth
- AFRICAN-AMERICAN HOLOCAUST: 72 percent of the babies aborted in Mississippi are black
- Teenage survivors of sexual abuse, incest must address long kept secrets
- More black babies being aborted than being born in New York City
- Woman sends 100 tweets in an hour about her abortion
- Loneliness has strong impact on premature death
- Planned Parenthood agrees to pay $2 million in fatal abortion procedure
- Women's rights activist Reggie Littlejohn among 'Top 10' of Vatican magazine
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?